Volleyball

I've decided to give trigger warnings for new stuff.

Trigger Warning: Fatphobia, Mentions of Anorexic Behaviour, SW's bitcha*s lies 

Catra's POV

Mother had been asleep since I got home to when I woke up in the morning. Well, not entirely. She was up puking at 2 am but she went back to sleep. I spent the rest of the day completing projects from school. Due to a... change in my plans, I had to actually do them. I was planning on not to for obvious reasons. The rest of the day went normally.

I woke up at 6 am, way early for me. Unfortunately, this was probably gonna be a day where she woke up early so I had to get out early too. I got dressed and went to the cafe where interestingly Sparkles and Bow weren't working today. I hung out there until school started.

So there I was, standing in front of the school. I walked inside, my eyes searching for Adora. I spotted her in front of her lockers.

"Hey Adora."

She jumped then smiled when she saw it was me.

"Catra! You scared me!"

I laughed. We talked for a little while and then went to class. The rest of the day was boring.

Timeskip

School was over and I was the first one out the class. Seriously, I hate this place. (You and me both Catra) I packed my bags and waited for Adora. Finally, she came out.

"Oh hi Catra! Have you been waiting here this whole time?"

"Of course not! Do you wanna hang out now?"

I could go home late today since mother was busy, she had to watch the volleyball team practice on Mondays and Wednesdays.

"Oh sorry, I have volleyball practice."

"You're in the volleyball team?!"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing."

"You can come watch from the bleachers. We can hang out afterwards?"

"I'll come but I can't stay after. I have a curfew."

"Practice ends at 6 pm. What kinda curfew is that?"

"Well my mother is kinda strict okay?"

She looked confused for a few seconds then gasped. "Your mom is Ms. Weaver!"

I nodded. "Yeah, she watches you guys practice and overlooks the teams right?"

"Yeah, but mostly the volleyball team. She's strict with us too."

"Well, you're gonna be late!"

With those words we rushed to the gym. I went up to the bleachers while she went in the girls changing room. 

I watched her and the other girls play but didn't pay much attention to them. Only to Adora. She was really good, the best in the team. Their coach, Huntara, was very good at teaching.

When the practice finally ended, the coach left. I was confused but then I saw mother stepping onto the field.

"Good job girls. Your game was better than usual. But remember, you must always be at the top of your form. I better not see any fat on you. Remember to eat correctly. Like I told you."

She went on, babbling other nonsense about diets and regimes and "fitness". It seemed more like she wanted them to look skinny so that her "reputation as an advisor" would be better. I doubt she cared about their health.

She then went to scold one of them for eating ice cream the days before. She criticized their mistakes and flaws.

"I'm trying to help you improve, don't forget!"

And with those words she left, and so did the team. Except Adora. She stayed where she was, seemingly lost in thought. I went down to talk to her.

"Geez, she's really harsh to you huh?"

She seemed to get back to reality with that.

"Ahh, maybe but just the necessary amount. She's trying to help us."

I scoffed. "Half(All) of what she said wasn't constructive or true. She's just being mean."

"She's strict but she's right at what she says. She's not a bad person!"

If only you knew...

"Yeah ok. Whatever you say."

"She's your mother, how can you say those?"

"Stepmother, one who doesn't love me."

"I'm sure she loves you, she's just bad at showing it."

Right. Definitely.

"Maybe. I should go home now."

"Oh... Bye!"

I went home by my motorbike which I'd gotten back when mother was drunk. I'd used it to go to school this morning too. Mother arrived later. She doesnt't get drunk every day and she wasn't drunk today. Thankfully, she wasn't mad for any reason and just chose to ignore me.

Adora's POV

After Catra left, I went to change. Ms. Weaver took me aside to talk to me when I got out of the changing room.

"Now Adora, I've noticed you've gained a little weight. Don't worry, you know how to solve it."

"Ms. Weaver is this necessary? I mean it's not like I have to be skinny to be a good player."

"Adora, you know you do. Do you want to be fat? Do you want to be kicked off the team and lose your chance at a scholarship? Because if you don't watch your eating that' what'll happen!" she shouted the last sentence.

"Of course not ma'am. I'll watch it."

"Good" she said and then she left.

I looked in the mirror. 

She must be correct right? I mean, adults are always right. But they're not always. I used to think they were but I'm not sure anymore. (They're not, they're wrong most of the time and I can't believe I used to believe that.)

Should I eat less?

I hadn't thought I was gaining weight but now that she pointed it out I could see it. I don't want to lose my chance.

Suddenly all my flaws seemed to stick out. How didn't I see this before? Yeah, I need to eat less. I can't afford to gain weight. I need to lose a bit too.

Oh well, guess I'll skip lunch. Can't skip dinner or breakfast or else my parents will be suspicious. 

Mrs. Weaver has gotta right after all. She's always been.

Yeah I'm really sorry. I don't have personal experience in this just from other people's experiences and what they told me. I feel like it's wrong so if it is offensive or wrong pls tell me.