Projects

Hmm. I haven't updated for a month and two weeks. I really need better time management. Also no angst this chapter.

Trigger Warning: Mentions of Abuse

Content Warning: Swearing

Adora's POV

Catra and I entered the classroom. First thing i noticed was the art teacher, waiting in front of the board. He never waited anywhere except his chair, he never even left his chair!

So, either something really good is about to happen, or we're fucked.

I turned to Catra who seemed to have the same realization as  me. She turned to me. "What's he planning?" I shrugged.

Soon our questions were answered.

"Projects!" our teacher exclaimed. We'd never seen him this excited. "You are all going to make a stop motion film for your grade!"

"Excuse me sir," one student said. "Did you say for our grade, as in, it's going to account for 100% of our grade?"

"Yes."

"..."

The class erupted into talking, everyone asking questions or complaining.

"QUIET"

The class fell quiet.

"Thank you. As I said, you're going to make a stop motion film and you'll be graded accordingly. As for the grade, would you rather I made an exam about all art styles and past artists?"

The class was silent.

"Thought so. You can work in groups of maximum three people and you can get help from your friends or family. You have till December 12. You can spend the rest of this class making groups or whatever I don't really care."                                                                                                                  (Information: Their school has two terms, 1 is from September to December, January is fully holiday and term 2 is February to May, June-July-August is summer holiday. Adora and Catra met in the middle of October and it's been about a month. Also no Halloween)

Group project! I can team with Catra. 

I turned to her to propose when she spoke.

"Yeah I'll group with you idiot."

"I didn't ask yet."

"You were gonna"

Damn. She's smart. And she knows me well. Well I guess it's not that hard to figure out I'm clingy, I've been hanging out with her a lot.

Wait does she think I'm clingy? Is she annoyed?

No she just said she'll team with me.

Ok but she could be doing it out of pity! Agh! So confusing.

Ok calm down Adora, she doesn't hate you, she offered to team.

Nope not gonna think anything else nope nope nope nope.

"Yeah I was gonna. You're fine with it right? You want to team up and you're not just doing it because I asked?"

"Yes I want to, calm down."

Ok. Cool.

"Where should we do it though?"

Ok. We can't do it at my house because my parents will be fighting again, I don't want Catra to see that. My friend last year stopped hanging out with me after I told him about my parents. I can't have that. Not again.

(Is this anxiety behavior? Idk canon Adora seems very anxious and so I decided to make her a little anxious here too but idk if this is normal or anxiety. It's normal for me but Idk if I'm normal. Anyways continue)

"Umm, my parents...uhh...work at home sometimes and they don't wanna be disturbed."

I could see her eyes narrow. Did she understand I'm lying?

"Can we do it at yours? Would your mom be fine with it?"

She flinched, a barely visible flinch. "Adora my mother is... Mrs. Weaver."

Oh, yeah.

 "Oh yeah, I forgot. Would she let us though?"

She hesitated before talking. "Umm, she goes out after a bit, I'm sure she'd let us work while she's out."

"Great! Your house it is!"

Catra's POV

Shit shit shit shit shit shit oh no why

Ok, calm down. She won't find out.

I'll just go home early so she won't get mad. I'll tell Adora to come at 17.00. That way, I have an hour after I come home to prepare. Or cancel if the worst case happens. I just can't tell mother that I'm having someone over, she'd do a lot more than normal. The rest of the project, we'll do tomorrow or the weekend. Tomorrow is Friday so we can stay at her right? 

"Hey Adora, can we do the rest of the work at your house, since it's the weekend?"

"Umm...no, uhh...my parents...work on the weekends too."

What. I mean, some parents work on weekends but the way she said it makes me think she's lying. Is there something happening? Are her parents like mine?

I'm okay with getting hurt, I deserve it but Adora's a wonderful person! She doesn't deserve that! 

I'd know if that was happening though. Right?

"Alright. Mine's busy on the weekends too but we'll find a solution don't worry." And with that, the lesson ended and we waited for the school day to end.

Time skip

Adora went to the cafe to pick something up for us while I went home. Mother  was in a good mood, she decided to ignore me. I stayed in my room until she left, at around 16.40. Good thing I waited an hour instead of the 30 minutes I originally planned to. After she left, I went downstairs to do some preparation. I had chess pieces and some action figures, maybe we could do something with them? I was thinking when the bell rang. 

Adora showed up at the door with coffee and donuts. I let her inside and we started brainstorming. Then something really bad happened.

(Cliffhanger! Jk, not yet)

Adora was passionately talking about her idea when she opened her arms to demonstrate. And hit a vase. Mother's vase. I watched in horror as it fell to the ground and shattered.

Quiet.

"Oh no"

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay!" I yelled to calm her down, she seemed on the verge of crying. "It's okay, I'll just clean it."

"But what about-"

"She'll be fine with it."

She would not. It was getting kinda late so I sent Adora home. She still seemed scared, despite my words. 

What do I do? Should I clean it up and pretend she lost it when she was drunk? No, that wouldn't work, she values this vase the most. She'd notice it.

If I clean up, she'll get mad. If I don't, she may still get mad. I don't know what to do.

One things for certain: I can't tell her Adora did it. Mother will make her life hell.

I was too lost in thought to notice the door opening.

(Ok now cliffhanger. Yeah. This is it. The low angst chapter. I think everyone can guess what's gonna happen. The next chapter will be a very angsty one. Hope you enjoyed this, see you a month later(hopefully sooner)I'll try to get it out faster )