8: Safe

Eleanor is 1DWattyWriters, not Eleanor Calder c: Eleanor and Perrie aren't in this story, but instead Liam, Zayn, and Louis's girlfriends are played by contest winners c:

I woke up with a nauseated feeling in my stomach. I wasn't sure where I was or what time it was, but all I could feel was a warm feeling on my forehead. I opened my eyes to see that I was a house, and my heart began to pound hard in my chest.

  They had come for me and gotten me.

  Someone next to me grabbed my hand and shushed me, using their other hand to gently stroke my hair. For some reason this simple gesture soothed me, and I felt drowsiness wash over me like a wave before I heard someone say something.

  "Harry, is she awake?" Tiff's voice said. I heard no response, which made me feel nervous. I started breathing heavily and felt a hand on my forehead, and someone shushing me again calmly.

  "Am I going to be okay?" I croaked. I blinked a couple of times before seeing Harry right next to me holding a pack of ice. His hand was holding mine tightly and protectively, and his face was hard and serious.

  "It's okay, Darcy. I'm not letting you slip away this time. Liam's girlfriend, Eleanor, she's going to come up and live in the same complex as you. She's been meaning to move up here anyway, her and Tiff are good friends, and she's got her own bodyguard. It's going to be okay, Darc', it's okay..." Harry said. I rested against his shoulder and closed my eyes, a hot tear rolling down my cheek and landing on his shirt. I felt like I needed to apologize, but I was afraid that if I talked more I'd feel sick again.

 ****

The next time I woke up to a buzzing noise, and I looked beside me to see Harry's phone blinking. I looked around the bright room for anyone, and Tiff was asleep in the corner of the room. My stomach grumbled loudly, but it didn't wake her. I reached for the phone and saw the caller ID blinking at me, taunting me:

  Vanessa<3

  My chin trembled. I didn't know why I was even acting this way, it was childish and idiotic. I was a big girl and crying over boys who were never yours was stupid. But sometimes you only realize your true feelings when you're in a crisis. Like when I was stuck down in the Silverings' basement; I didn't want my dad, or my friends from school, I kept thinking about Harry. For weeks I'd trick myself into thinking that I was back at home and in the morning I'd wake up and Harry would be knocking at my front door.

  I froze in my spot when I saw Harry walk through the doorway holding a plate of food. I dropped the cell phone in my hand and watched as he flicked on the lights. He smiled widely at me and rushed up to me, slamming into me and giving me a hug.

  "You're up." He said. "It's been ten hours."

  "I'm sorry, I don't even know why I did that. That was so stupid..." I began, holding my head. I had a small headache rising from my forehead slowly. Harry grabbed his phone and hit the 'ignore' button before putting an arm around me.

  "It wasn't. Don't worry, Darcy, your lawyer called and said that you're scheduled to go into court in about a week. They're not getting out of prison until everything is settled, so you'll be okay. I wish I'd be here to help you out." His voice was raspy and sounded a tad bit different. I looked up to see that his eyes were a little puffy probably from lack of sleep. My stomach groweled loudly and I laid my head back on the velvet pillow in Tiff's living room. What was Silvia going to think of this?

  "Who's Eleanor?" I asked as Harry broke off a peice of his granola bar and handed it to me.

  "Eleanor, Liam's girlfriend, she's Niall's cousin. They met when they were visiting Niall's family, and I guess the rest is history. But she's really sweet, you'll get on well." Harry assured me, trying to fix the probable endless knots and tangles that was my hair.

  "I ruined all of it, Harry. That was supposed to be Niall and Tiff's night out, and I completely made a wreck out of everything and now he's going to go away and she'll be upset again." I blurted out, putting my head into my hands. Why did I have to ruin everything? Maybe if I couldn't have kept my eyes open instead of clumsily fainting, I could have kept my cool for the rest of the evening and made it enjoyable for Niall and Tiff.

  "Darcy. They wanted to stay here with you. The only reason they aren't here is because I made them go out and get me breakfast." Harry admitted sheepishly. I smacked him on the arm and laughted as he grabbed his arm and sunk away from me. "But why is Tiff upset? You can tell me, Darcy. I won't tell."

  "Okay, Styles." I remarked sarcastically, rolling my eyes. He laughed, shoving me into the couch.

  "I'm serious. What is it?" He demanded.

  Before I could answer, we were interrupted by the front door opening and Niall and Tiff, all bundled up in scarves and hats and holding food bags from McDonald's. Tiff smiled bright when she saw me and ran up, embracing me in her arms.

  "I'm so glad you're okay." She said. Niall joined her and wrapped his arms around me, who wasn't as strong as Harry, who was standing awkwardly to the side with his hands jammed into his pockets.

  And in that moment, I came to realize something. As I looked at Harry over Niall and Tiff's shoulders, I funally understood why I didn't want him to go so badly, why I wanted him to stay forever. I finally realized why when I saw Vannessa's name I started to cry, and when me and Harry had that mud battle I felt on top of the world.

   I was falling for Harry Edward Styles.

  dun Dun DUUUN!

  I really don't like this chapter -_-

  Comment, vote, and fan<3

  ESPECIALLY COMMENT BECAUSE I LOVE THEM LIKE I LOVE FOOD :3