15| The Wedding Theme

"Should we have a theme wedding?"

I continued to stare into my large glass of orange juice. I barely got any sleep last night. Every time I closed my eyes, I kept seeing Wyatt's face. I kept seeing that hungry look in his eyes as his fingers stroked me so thoroughly. It was wrong. It was very wrong. I let myself get caught up in the moment. He was saying everything I wanted to hear. But he was four years too late.

I put makeup on this morning to cover the dark circles under my eyes. What was I thinking last night? I guess I wasn't. I was feeling. Oh, yes. I was definitely feeling something...

I gripped his shoulders so tight, I was surprised he didn't cry out from pain. The anticipation of having his fingers inside me was almost too much to handle. He continued with long slow strokes and I was feeling every bit of it.

"Wyatt..." I moaned. Or begged, rather.

Just as he slipped a finger inside me, my eyes slid shut and I heard his voice at my ear. "Fuck, Lia. You're so wet. For me."

No one has touched me since our night at the prom. Rather, I never let anyone touch me. As awful as it sounded, when I went on dates, it felt like I was cheating on Wyatt. I knew it was ridiculous, but-- you can't help what you feel. At least, that's what I told myself.

"Babe? Helloooo? Earth to Amelia...."

I finally snapped out of my daydreams and looked up at Logan. "Sorry. I spaced out."

He laughed and handed me the list of wedding themes. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Come for me, Lia."

"Yes," I answered as I tried to get Wyatt out of my head. "I just didn't sleep well." Or at all.

"Well, take a look at these themes. It'll help distract you."

I took the paper from him and started looking at the very long list of wedding themes. There were so many options: chic estate, winter wonderland, royal wedding, Grecian... "Wait," I said when I read one at the bottom. "There's a Gone with the Wind theme?" I looked up at Logan. "Really?"

He tried not to laugh as he chewed a bite of his French toast. "I know, right? I am not doing that."

I smiled at the tone in his voice. "Why not? You don't think I would look good in the Green Curtain dress or The Burgundy Ball Gown? Perhaps the Green Velvet Dress?"

When I named off the famous dresses, I was trying to be funny. But when I said the last one...

"Look at me, Lia," Wyatt whispered. I opened my eyes and met his stare. "Do you know how amazing you feel?"

"No."

He leaned down to whisper against my lips, "Like velvet."

"You would look amazing in anything, Amelia."

"He's not wrong." Heat flooded my body when I heard the sound of Wyatt's voice as he joined us at the table. "You would look amazing in anything."

I took a risk and glanced in his direction. His eyes met mine, and for a moment-- there was a lustful hunger staring back at me. But just as quick as I saw it...it was gone. I crossed my legs; hoping it would alleviate some of the heat that was burning in my core. It didn't. If anything, it only made it worse. I vividly remembered the way it felt when Wyatt kissed me like he never wanted to stop. Or the way it felt when he clutched my body to his.

"That's what I'm saying," Logan added before clapping his brother on the back. "You've been M.I.A. a lot the past few days. What have you been up to, bro?"