23 - password

things had been going ridiculously smooth for the past few months. there was no drama. no fights. no unnecessary stress. everything was sort of just falling into place. almost everything.

me and seán decided to do some catching up. we spent a lot of time talking and fixing our broken bond. now we were actually friends. eventually it was almost like nothing had ever happened with us. almost.

we were sat in a coffee shop, sipping on our drinks and talking. we'd been hanging out a lot recently, sometimes even with mark. it seemed that seán and mark were able to reconnect too through us all meeting up. it made me happy that i could help them start to properly y'all again. i was aware that seán had hung out with him once in his adult years, but from what he told me, it didn't go very well.

the coffee shop was quiet, probably since it was a sunday. there were only a couple of other people in there, all on their phones or reading the newspaper. i didn't even know people still read the newspaper.

i heard seán sigh and whip his phone out of his pocket.

"jason keeps texting eveline..." jason was the guy that eveline left seán for about two months ago now.

"you still have the password to her account?" i asked. he looked up at me shyly and nodded. i sighed and shook my head.

"dude, come on. just log out of the account and move on." seán was still attached to eveline in certain ways, like constantly checking her social media for updates and still obtaining the password to her instagram account even though i'd told him numerous times to get rid of it. i knew he wasn't in love with her still though. he was just in love with the idea of not being alone.

he stayed silent for a moment before putting the phone away and looking up at me.

"i logged out...and i promise i won't log back in." i put my hand towards him and held out my pinky finger.

"pinky promise?" he chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"what are you, 10?"

"nobody in the history of mankind has EVER broken a pinky promise. you must commit." he laughed at how juvenile i was being before wrapping his pinky around mine and shaking my hand.

"i pinky promise." i smiled before pulling my hand away.

"how's dating going for you?" seán asked. i was surprised by the question, but answered it anyway.

"you know, same old...nobody's good enough for me." we both shared a laugh.

"so...not great then."

"no, not really." i looked around again and spotted a beautiful painting of some sunflowers that really caught my eye.

"wow. i love that painting." i said aloud.

"which one?" seán asked. i pointed to the one i was referencing to.

"that is cool." he agreed.

"i love sunflowers. they're pretty." i said, before turning back around to face seán.

"really?" he asked. i nodded.

"are they like, your favourite flower or something?"

"i guess so." we both nodded before there was a silence.

"help me out." i ordered. he faced me and nodded.

"do i stay here and order another coffee, or do i go home and actually do my job?" he grinned slightly before answering.

"coffee now, productivity later." i nodded.

"good call." i stood up with my wallet in my hand.

"you want anything?" he then mumbled something that i couldn't hear properly, but when i asked him what he said, he refused to tell me. he then proceeded to actually answer my question normally.

"i'm alright, thanks." i nodded before walking up to the counter and placing my order. as i waited to receive my drink, i saw packs of cookies in the chilled section. i looked behind me at seán and grinned before turning back. i picked up two packets of the cookies and handed them to the barista when they came back. i paid for my things before returning to the table. i sat down before basically throwing a pack of cookies in sean's face.

"wha-! what's this for?"

"it's for you." he looked slightly confused.

"i said i didn't want anything."

"i know, but then i saw those and they reminded me of you, so i thought it was only right to get you some." he smiled at me.

"thanks ethan." i opened up my own packet and took out a cookie to take a bite out of.

"you're welcome babe."