𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:SHE KNOWS

SHE KNOWS

"EM. . . DON'T BE MAD." Alice started. It was now dark outside and Emma had just come down the steps. Emma stopped in her tracks and looked at the small pixie girl.

"What." Emma growled.

"EdwardmayormaynothavelefttogosaveBella."

"Let's try that again with spaces in between." Emma slowly said, even though she had heard what Alice had said. She wanted to make sure she had heard it correctly.

"Edward left to save Bella." Alice stated. She winced at Emma's harsh glare.

"Why." It wasn't a question, but a statement. Emma's eyes narrowed in on Alice. "What did you see Alice?"

"She was in Port Angeles and she was walking down an alley and there were six guys and they. . ."

Emma immediately frowned. She couldn't exactly be mad at that. He was saving her from something that happened to her wife when she was human. No matter how much Emma hated the girl, she would never wish that upon her.

"Well, let's hope he gets there in time." Emma says before turning on her heel and walking back up the steps.

"Wait, Em!" Emma turned and looked over at Alice.

"There's been another murder."

Emma immediately came back down the steps with furrowed eyebrows. "What? When?"

"They found him earlier today." Jasper spoke up.

"He's a local. Waylon Forge, I think was his name." Amelia said. "Carlisle's at the police station right now."

"Do we know who it was?" Emma asked, coming to sit down in the living room.

"Definitely vampires. Most likely nomads." Emmett replies.

It wasn't too long before the sound of two cars coming down the driveway could be heard. They all waited patiently as Edward and Carlisle entered the home. Rosalie appeared, standing beside Emma as they waited for Carlisle to speak.

"It's bad." Carlisle sighed. "They think it's another animal attack. It was definitely vampires."

"We need to find these nomads and get them out of town." Emmett spoke. The others nodded in agreement.

"Well, they're nomads. I'm sure they'll leave soon." Esme stated.

"And if they don't?" Emma asked. "We can't risk someone else getting attacked."

"We can't control it either." Carlisle responds.

"Well then, what do we do?" Rosalie asked, placing a hand on her wife's shoulder.