My Page

<><><><>Several hours before Y/N was called to Jaehyun's office<><><><><><>

"What's so important to discuss that a member of the council decided to visit me personally?" Jaehyun asked in a disinterested tone as he poured two glasses of brandy for him and his guest, sealing the decanter once he had finished.

"A member of the council? I know that it's best to keep an air of formality when in the presence of council members but given that it's just the two of us, do call me uncle, won't you?" The older man requested, accepting the drink as it was handed to him.

Jaehyun moved to sit at his desk while Suho remained standing at the vintage drum table which the decanter rested on.

"Why are you here?" He requested, setting his drink directly onto the cherrywood's finish.

Suho's eyes wandered around the room, feigning confusion towards his nephew's inquiry.

A soft sigh of frustration left the younger man's lungs.

"Why are you here, uncle?"

A sly smile crept onto Suho's face only for it to fade as a contemplative expression to succeed it.

The man began to swirl the amber liquid within its glass shell taking his time to notice how it coated the crystal walls for a fleeting instant before returning to a stagnant state.

Jaehyun, whose patience usually would have been wearing thin at this point, allowed the man his thoughts as he, himself, began to observe his liquor as well.

Suho was a member of Exo's council, an alliance organization of which, Jaehyun's father had also been a member. Exo could be characterized as a network of gangs or a grandfather gang, so to speak. It served as both an alliance and an enforcer, allowing associated organizations a considerable degree of protection against rival gangs. Several gangs in Seoul were affiliates of Exo, including NCT and all its current subgroups, Shinee, Super Junior, TVXQ, Red Velvet, BlackPink and many others. Although Exo was arguable the largest and most powerful gang alliance in Seoul, it wasn't the only one. Got7 for instance, arguably NCT's biggest rival gang was under the protection of JYP, an elusive organization that had begun growing exponentially over the past several years.

Although Exo's membership technically extends to any and all members of its associated gangs, it's the only Exo's council members who hold any real power. Joining Exo forces leaders to relinquish many of their decision-making freedoms in exchange for protection, meaning that the council now had final say on important decisions involving their gangs.

The council itself was made up by a select few individuals, each holding remarkable influence over the innerworkings of Seoul's mob scene. Jaehyun was familiar with each of the council members for his father had been a member of the council since its creation as had Suho.

The two had been friends since they met in Juvie as teens, NCT was the fruit of that friendship. They started out preforming simple bank robberies, then quickly grew into a full-fledged gang eventually forming subdivisions meant to expand their territories. Sooman was NCT's official leader and Suho was his right-hand man. They created Exo after forming an alliance with Super Junior and Shinee's former leaders.

Not all council members were experienced crime lords. A handful of them were better described as investors, such as Sehun, who made billions investing in the drug trade. Becoming a member of the council was almost impossible as members served lifetime appointments and a strict selective process was employed to take their places when they died. Those selected were never informed of their selection until after they were appointed to prevent any violence being committed against council members in the hopes of gaining a position.