Chapter 29

"Alright, I think that is everything." Dreece grinned as they sat down the last box of items from their apartment in Rhett's spare room. "Rhett said the food should be here in about twenty minutes if you want me to start unpacking."

"No I'm good." I grinned. Convincing Dreece to let me move out with Rhett ended up being much easier than I thought it would. Of course, this probably had to do with their hope that we would end up falling in love with one another.

"Alright, then I'm going to pop back home to grab something to drink with our mexican. I'm thinking it's a margarita kind of night at least for me." Dreece turned to the door slipping out. Their slender form was soon replaced with Rhett's bulk.

"So... is there anything you're missing or need?" Rhett asked, watching me as I started to unpack my belongings. "I'm going to my storage unit in a few days to get the bassinet so I can clean it before Danny is here."

"I should be alright for now. I don't have a lot of things after all." I glanced at the handful of boxes and my duffel bag. "Although I've definitely accumulated more than when I moved in with Dreece."

"Alright. I've got an old dresser as well you can have. Sorry it isn't here just yet, haven't had a chance to head down to storage." Rhett replied even as I waved him off. The room was bare, just a bed and nightstand filling the space.

"Really Rhett, it's fine. It has enough space for me and Danny and you're close by so that's really all that matters isn't it?"

"Sorry..." Rhett grinned running a nervous hand through his hair as he did. "I guess I'm just a bit nervous about all of this. I really want you to be happy and I'm glad you're giving me a chance to help out with Danny before they are born."

"You're not alone." My response was muffled by the sweater I was carefully folding even though I had nowhere to store it. The urge to clean and organize things lately had been getting worse by the day. "But... for what it's worth... I'm kind of glad we are doing this. And as soon as I can start working again I'll get you my portion of bills."

"Don't worry about it. Right now you just worry about settling in and taking care of our baby." Rhett stood by the door, but I could feel his eyes caressing my stomach even from the distance. "If you want, or need anything all you have to do is ask, no matter how strange the request is."

Warmth spread through my cheeks as I thought about one of my needs that had become recurrent. The temptation to ask him to help ease my near constant hornyness was hard to push back. Miraculously I succeeded, the doorbell ringing a few moments later announcing the arrival of our food.

"Yes food!" I straightened up and startled to waddle toward the door, Rhett beat me to it. The wonderful smell of spicy tacos and burritos reached me, my stomach rumbling in appreciation. "Fuck I don't even remember what I ordered but that smells freaking amazing! Gimme!"

Rhett chuckled, lifting the bags up into the air out of my reach. Pouting I would stretch up for them, cursing silently at him as I did. A sudden sharp pain startled me as I stretched, causing my to double forward.

The shift in my center of gravity sent me stumbling, and I would have fallen over if Rhett hadn't been standing right there, his arm wrapped protectively around me.

"Shit! What's wrong? Are you okay?" Rhett shifted me, effortlessly lifting me from the ground. The action, though kind, made my sudden back pain double causing me to arch. The taste of blood filled my mouth as I bit my lip to keep from screaming

"Put-Put me down!" Tears coursed down my cheeks as my back, buttocks and thigh muscles spasmed from the sudden pain. Rhett's face was white as he hustled to obey, laying me down on the couch.