chapter 2

(Her dress ^^)

Oh, I'll show her, I'll go to that ball, I thought to myself as my fist clench. I turn and quietly walk away. I need to get a dress and a mask, though.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, reaching for a bowl. I grab milk and some cereal and start eating breakfast. After a few minutes, my sisters come down and start preparing their breakfast as well.

Not sparing a glance, I stand up and rush back to my room and brush my teeth and grab my books and rush back downstairs. Iris had left to go to her college classes, and I join Annie to go to school. We were both seniors and couldn't wait to get out of the hell hole known as high school. Annie wanted to be a fashion designer so after high school she was moving to up north, hours from here, plus I think she wants to get away from here she has already filled out a request to join the pack there. Though we weren't wolves, we still belonged to packs; the kingdom made it this way to make keeping up with everyone easier.

We pull into the school, and I climb out and head to my locker. On my way there, I am pushed down.

Luckily I catch myself; I hiss from the impact, I gather my things, ignoring the laughs and pick myself up and carry my self onward to my locker. Grabbing my books, I then head to my first class.

During the day, I am pushed, tripped, hit, and called names, something that always happened since I could remember.

Again, the ache in my bones is not new.

The days passed, and Saturday rolls around. My sisters had their dress, and I had made my dress and mask secretly. I wake up at lunch and decide to start on an essay that is due next week.

I finish the essay at around 7:30 and walk down to see my sisters getting dressed. I walk in the kitchen, and spot Iris had curled her hair and had so much hairspray it didn't move, she had a lot of makeup on that made her eyes pop. Her dress has so much glitter on it covers the floor. It is a baby pink dress that hugs her body and pushes her boobs up. The dress is floor length and sleeveless; she wore a silver necklace with silver earrings she puts a silver mask on that only covers around her eyes. I turn, hearing Annie walk in. She has a scarlet dress that hugs her body till it got to her waist; it then flows out. Annie has natural makeup, and her short curly hair is tamed at the best of her ability, but Annie pulls it off. She has a green mask covering her forehead and eyes.

She smiles at me; My mother then steps in with a yellow dress that hung on her body; my father had her hand and wore a suit with a yellow tie.

I nod at them as they say their farewell, my mother threatening me if I leave the house, as they slip their masks on and go, I wait a few seconds, bouncing on my heels, then race up the stairs to my room and start curling my hair in loose curls.

I then do my eye makeup in a smokey eye with a cat-eye eyeliner. I apply mascara and dark red lip stainer as I rush to my bed and throw my dress on. It hugs my curves then flows out. I then put on my nude lace butterfly mask and slip on my white gloves that had D.N.B on the wrist, my initials. I slip on my nude flats and spray some scent masking spray everyone else would be wearing and leave the room, and head downstairs. I look at the clock that reads 9:40. Well, guess I should make an entrance. I teleport and end up in front of the grand hall.

I smile, realizing I did it right fist-bumping the air, that would be embarrassing if anyone saw, I quickly look around and let a breath of relief out.

Looking at the big closed doors, I sigh as I climb the stairs and open the door. I head through the entrance hall, hearing the music. I reach the double doors and take a deep breath, should I really do this?.
I then, without a second thought, push the doors open. Everyone's head snaps to me as I suck in a breath. I freeze for about twenty seconds then look around, seeing a few glares from the girls and the lustful looks from the men.