41. beautiful butterfly

bryn's dress^
It was now the evening, and Brynley and the Mikaelsons were ready for the ball. The mansion was decorated and filled with waiters, carrying trays of food and alcohol.

Brynley stood in her and Elijah's room, attempting to tie up her dress. Her dress was a light blush pink gown that dipped down to show a little bit of her cleavage. The top part of the dress was covered in little butterflies and there was a couple on the skirt. She wore another layer of fabric underneath the dress to add volume to the dress. She had her silver bracelet of course paired with silver heels that she could probably fall in if she wasn't careful, and silver diamond earrings that Rebekah gave her.

"Ugh." Brynley mumbled as her arms reached behind her back in an attempt to tie up the dress.

"Need some help, love?" Elijah walked into the room, dressed in a tuxedo with a black bow tie.

"Yes, please," Brynley let out a sigh of relief. "You look very handsome."

"Thank you," Elijah tied up the fairy's dress with a smile. "You look perfect, obviously."

"Thank you." Brynley blushed and Elijah kissed her.

"But I think I could add something." Elijah said and took a small box out of his pocket, handing it to Brynley. Brynley smiled at him and took the box. She opened the box to reveal a beautiful, silver necklace that had a diamond butterfly charm on it.

"Elijah," Brynley whispered and smiled at the original. "It's beautiful, oh my god."

"May I?" Elijah asked and Brynley nodded, handing him the necklace. Brynley turned back around to look at the mirror as Elijah brought the necklace over her head and on to her neck, clipping it on.

"I love it," Brynley sighed. "Thank you."

"It's no problem," Elijah replied and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her cheek. "A butterfly for my beautiful butterfly."

Brynley wanted so badly to say those three words, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Something stopped her.

"Shall we?" Elijah offered his arm and Brynley linked hers with his. The soulmates walked out of their room and down the stairs to see guests starting to arrive at the mansion. "I'll be right back."

Elijah walked away from Brynley and she looked around and smoothed out her dress. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see Damon and Stefan.

"Well look who it is," Damon smirked. "The newest Mikaelson."

"Hey, I may be wearing diamond earrings and really fricking tall heels, but I'm still Brynley, who will kick your ass." Brynley smiled and looked at the brothers. "You two actually clean up nice."

"Ouch, try not to sound so surprised." Stefan said and Brynley laughed slightly.

"You like great too, Tink." Damon admitted.

"So what's it like living with the Mikaelsons? Does Klaus snore?" Stefan joked.

"She wouldn't know Stefan, she's too busy sleeping with Elijah every night," Damon replied. "You are 18 now."

"Would you get your head out of the gutter?" Brynley crossed her arms.

"So you are sleeping with him?" Damon asked. "I can just tell by your face."

"I'm sleeping next to him." Brynley corrected.

"Oh my god, in the same bed?" Stefan questioned, pretending to be shocked. "Wait till Evan hears about this."

"Shut up." Brynley glared at the Salvatore and looked over to see Matt walking into the house. "Oh, got to go."

"Bryn." Matt smiled and the two best friends hugged. "It's good to see you alive again, I missed you."