Chapter 47

When I woke up I was welcomed by an earful of lecture from Haisley. She said that she was happy that I was having fun playing with my brother but to the point that we passed out because of the summer heat. And she'll repeat those words in a different approach.

The afternoon sun was brilliant in the canvas of blue sky without a single cloud drifting around. It was no longer warming the cold body but burns the unprotected skin in a minute.

How did I survived for a couple of minutes outside and even ran around.

Aaaah~ I need more cold water.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Princess, are you awake?" It's been a while since I last saw Lucas after I moved at the Moon Palace.

Perhaps they—Lucas, Aiden and Edmund—wanted me to settled down here so they left me alone for weeks. Or maybe they just don't care.

There's no doubt it's the latter, after all I was still the abandoned princess of this story.

Lucas entered my new and more spacious room after telling him to enter.

"We heard that you and the prince collapsed from playing too much. I'm here to check you ordered from his majesty." He gave me a bowl of sliced in cube shapes of fresh watermelon.

Surely Lucas was joking on the last part, he's just scaring me. Right?

Nodding, I stab the fruit with the cute little gold pink fork. After my move in, everything looked extravagant and expensive. As if I was having a special treatment and that's not a good thing.

There were people that are schedule of execution and was treated special and care before they were killed. It very much felt like that.

I tucked my silver hair away from my face avoiding eating them with the watermelon.

"Do you want me to tie your hair?" I didn't expect for Lucas to offer a hand on something like that. Lucas laughed at my bewildered reaction. "It might be unbelievable but I am quite skilled at braiding."

He then carried me to the vanity table that have three pane mirrors. I continued to eat the watery fruits as I watch Lucas brush my hair from the mirror.

"You're good at brushing," I said.

"I always brush Angel's," Lucas said looking more like a lady-in-waiting rather a knight.

Angel. . A new lover?

He continues as he gingerly brush my hair, "Angel's mane is white as snow that I make sure to brush her in a daily basis to maintain her glorious figure."

Not a woman but a mare. . . A horse.

Hold on a minute.! He braids his horse's tail??

"Gu–. . Good for her then." I decided to focus on finishing the fruits.

"While Angel's pristine white mane, his majesty's stallion was beautiful black. Next time I'll introduce you to my horse, princess."

"Mhmm. It's like you're a prince on a white horse."

"I guess I am, princess," Lucas said sounding delighted.

I wasn't exactly complementing him though.

He then proceed to his called skill and braided my hair. I watched his reflection with distrust stare. Who knows what he'll do to my hair.

"You have nothing to worry about princess. I went into harsh training under Daisy and braided her for a year. I'm pretty confident that it will turn out beautiful even I'm a bit rusty. They say that there's room for trial and error. Let's do our best, princess!"

Look how cheerful my new lady-in-waiting was. I wish I had his optimism. And no, I'm not even doing anything for me to do my best.

The thing was. . He learned how to braid from a horse? Does this horse got some long lovely tail that it urge him to braid them?

"Daisy? Sounds like a fragile horse." I was now looking at him in bleak.

Lucas burst into laughter. "Daisy is my childhood lover and human girl. But she looked fragile back then, you got that one right." He continued to laugh with his heart content.

Why did I thought that a horse was teaching him how to braid? Was it because of this fruit that I had concluded that Daisy was a horse? This must be not an ordinary watermelon.

Yup, let's just put the blame on the delicious cube shape watermelon.