Chapter 25

Let Me Save You

Reiner, Ymir, Krista, and Connie watch as the titans roam around below them. It was impossible for the titans to roam at night. They felt deep in their bones that they were utterly fucked by the situation. The squad leaders began talking about what they should do when a shadow appears from the middle of the tower. Everyone turns to look at who had appeared.

(Y/n) stands in all her glory as the shadows melt into her fine figure. She has a hand on her hip while the other one lazily hangs by her side. She glows like a goddess in the full moon. Her devious smirk plastered on her beautiful face, "I'm back."

Krista is the first to react by wrapping her arms around the girl. She buries her head into the girl's chest, crying her eyes out. When she saw (Y/n)'s body crash into the ground, she thought that her best friend was gone. She had spent the days after her death crying her eyes out with Ymir. Krista pulls away when she remembers that Ymir also needed to hug (Y/n).

Ymir stands before (Y/n), she thought her brown eyes were deceiving her. The freckled girl had felt so guilty watching her lover and best friend crash into the ground. She felt so guilty for not at least retrieving the body. She didn't eat or she would eat way too little after the day (Y/n) supposedly passed. 

"I'm tripping" Ymir breathes out, but (Y/n) outstretches her arms for her. Ymir takes a deep breath and smashes her lips against (Y/n)'s very real lips. (Y/n) kisses her deeper, missing the feeling of her lips on hers. Missing the sweet night they spent together.

Everyone just awkwardly stares at them kiss and Connie snorts. He always knew at one point Ymir and (Y/n) were going to become more than friends, but he never thought it would be in such a strange scenario. The two girls pull apart to stare at each other. Reiner out of jealousy pulls (Y/n) away from Ymir by her collar.

"Reiner!" Bertholdt scolds as he pulls (Y/n) out of the blonde's grip, "I'm glad you're back, but how?"

"Long story," (Y/n) says as she walks over to the tower's edge, "Looks like I'll have to explain it another time."

"Are you going to blow away at all these titans?" Lynne, a woman with a ponytail, asks as she glances at the titans in horror.

"I can't, I used most of it back in Stohess" (Y/n) responds, "I had to use my powers to kill someone, but I still have my brute strength."

They were going to ask her to elaborate, but (Y/n) lets out a painful cry. She grabs onto her left, arm. She screams out at the pain she felt. Her teary eyes open when she feels a warm, thick liquid on her hands. She bites down on her lip, trying to stifle the cries of pain. 

"(Y/n)!" Ymir screams and grabs onto the girl's bleeding left arm. (Y/n) lets out a few more cries when Connie cuts her off.

"Look!" Connie points at the southern wall that leads to Wall Maria. They all turn their heads. A titan covered in fur was making its way to the wall. It turns towards them as if it could sense them. There was a human-shaped figure kneeled on the titan's shoulder. It appeared to grip onto its right arm tightly.

(Y/n)'s eyes widen with tears. It was as if that figure was also feeling her pain but in their right arm. The emerald necklace begins glowing as the titan shifts its path to walk over to the castle. (Y/n) takes it out of her necklace. A bright white light erupts from the necklace. The titan stops its movement and turns around, continuing its path to the southern wall.

Once the titan climbs up onto the wall, the pain in her arm disappears with the light of the necklace. (Y/n) takes a much-needed breath in. Whatever had just happened to her arm was definitely felt by the other person on the titan's shoulder. (Y/n) weakly holds onto the stone, her eyes glued onto the titan. The fur titan lets out a loud roar and all the titans below them charge at the castle.