/Chapter 4/

Chapter Four

Chaeyoung's PoV

As Mina and her father left, I decided to enter the house and saw Dad and Mom having a serious talk. I'm about to go to my room when they called me.

"Yes, Mom why?" I asked and walked towards them.

"Sit down first," Dad said and I did what he said.

We are now in the living room and they are sitting on the couch and I'm sitting at the single one.

"Uh is there a problem?" I asked.

"Nothing baby. How's the talk with Mina?" Mom asked me if they are wanting to know something.

"Oh, it's fine. Mina is good. Why?"

"Ok Chaeng will go straight this time. We want you to help Mina."

"Uh?" I utter.

"I know that it's too much if we asked this to you, but Myoui's family helped us. And they know about your situation which is you being able to see who's destined on a person." Mom stated.

"So?"

"Mr. Myoui is a protective father and wants the best for her daughter, well who wouldn't right? So, he asked me If you could help Mina to find who's destined for her." Dad continued.

I just nodded as I processed what they are saying.

"But isn't that too ironic? I mean you always taught me that let's just go with the flow and let things happen. If she'll hurt then she'll hurt." I said.

It's not that I don't want to help Mina but I live by my parents' words and It's stuck in my mind that 'Let things happen even if it hurts.'

"Chaeng, we understand that. But let's just at least give it a try. Myoui helps our company a lot and that's just what Mr. Myoui liked. The assurance of his daughter's life." Dad pleads.

"Ok, if that's what you want. But I'm not sure with this dad... I mean looking for someone who's meant for you is so hard. I'll just help her but I won't interfere if ever she's destined to meet someone who will hurt her." I said.

"What?" They both said.

"Just kidding haha. Ok, I'll warn her if ever." I said.

They just smiled at nodded.
After the talk, I decided to go into my room and sleep.

"Ayyy, I guess I got a mission again after many 2 years!"

I slammed myself on my bed and started to recall my 1st mission.

Yes, Mina is not my 1st mission. But my parents don't know that I helped someone way back then.

"I just hope it won't happen again," I said to myself as memories keep on flashing back.

FLASHBACK

"Chaengie please help me! Please tell me if she's destined for me!" I heard my friend demand.

We are now on our way home and I'm walking with her since we're just neighbors.

"Rosé how many times will I tell you that I won't do such a thing. If you met her then ok. If she's not destined to you then accept." I said.

Yeah, she's my friend Park Chaeyoung but I call her Rosé. She keeps on asking me to meet her crush and tell if they are destined.

Well, there's no point. I mean her crush is a girl. What is the girl named again? Uhh, Lina? Lia? Ahh! Lisa!

Yeah, the name is Lisa.

"You don't want me to get hurt right?" She said causing me to stop walking and look at her who's now pouting and looking at me with those begging eyes.

Oh heck!

"Rosé being hurt is part of our life. If you don't want then leave it. That's easy." I said and continue to walk.

"Aishh! If you won't help me, I'll start to think that you're just jealous and don't want me to go with others! Do you like me, Son Chaeyoung?!" She said that made me look at her.

"If I say yes, you won't bother me to help you with Lisa?" I confidently asked and I saw her get shocked by my words.

"W-what?"

"Haha just kidding. Ok, I'll help you." I said and entered my house.

"Yahh! Thanks, Chaengie!" I heard her say and I just gave her a thumbs up.

I slammed myself on my bed as I entered my room.

I checked my pinky finger and as expected I saw nothing.

"It's odd that I have a crush but seems like she's not destined for me... or I'm not destined for any whom," I told to myself.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I don't want to help Rosé, it's because I have feelings for her. But I guess it's not that strong. Plus, who am I to be greedy right? I mean she's right, she's my friend.... she sees me as a friend and a friend has to make sure that their friend won't get hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chaeng this is Lisa, Lisa this is Chaeyoung."

Today is the day when Rosé introduced me to Lisa.

"Nice meeting you," I said.

"Me too, anyway let's eat? my treat," she said.

Rosé jumped like a child and cling her arms to Lisa.

"Yay! Let's go!" she said and started to walk.

I just followed them and I'm at their back While walking I did my job.

I observed the Red Strings on Lisa's pinky finger and waits for it to shorten since Rosé and Lisa are close to each other. But nothing happened.

The Strings on Lisa's finger are being tangled on Rosé indicating that they are just meant to meet but not for each other.

At some point, I feel relieved and I don't know why? Maybe because Rosé is not meant for Lisa. But knowing that it will hurt her if she found out the truth saddens me.

'What should I do?'

After a minute we arrived at fast food and we ordered our food.

We had some talk that lasted for an hour and we all decided to end the day.

"Lisa see you soon, ok?!"
Rosé said and bid her goodbye.

I just did the same thing and we left the place.

"So how is it? You saw it?!" she asked as we continue to walk.

"Uhh... Yeah," I said.

"Really!? So, are we destined!?"

Should I tell her?

"Uh Yeah! I'm happy that you guys are meant for each other." I said.

"Wah!!! Omg! Thanks, Chaengie!! I knew it!!! Ok gonna go home. Ow bye!!" She said and went to her house.

I just sighed and looked at her who was happily entering her house.

"Hay, as long as you're happy," I said and entered my house.

END OF FLASHBACK

I know that it's was a stupid Idea lying to her. I don't have any news about them because we moved here.

After a week of that day, I heard that they are together. And actually, I'm happy for her. I just hope that what I saw is a mistake.

I know that Rosé will be happy with Lisa and even tho I have feelings for her I think it's not enough for me to take away her happiness.

That's also the reason why I stopped liking someone. Rosé is my first and hopefully the last. But now I just want to live on my own.

So maybe accepting Mina as my mission? I'll be professional this time.