Chapter 10

"Uwaahh!! Noya-san! That's amazing! You got a thirty-one on the last quiz!!" Tanaka shouted out, his eyes sparkling as he stared at the libero's most recent sixty-point pop quiz with awe.

Due to the much dreaded final exams coming up, the group of second-years had decided to meet up more frequently for study sessions. In particular, to help Tanaka and Nishinoya who were in the most danger of failing and not being able to go to the training camp. This time, they had decided to meet up at Nishinoya's house.

The libero laughed triumphantly, pumping out his chest with pride. "Of course! I'm Karasuno's Guardian Deity after all!!" He smirked coolly, jabbing his thumb towards his chest to emphasize his point.

"A thirty-one is nothing to be proud of, Mr. Still-Failing." Ennoshita bluntly commented. Nishinoya flinched, his confidence faltering. Ennoshita's pointed gaze then turned to the other second-year idiot, causing him to flinch as well. "And don't encourage him Tanaka!"

Kinoshita and Narita chuckled behind him while still trying to work on their own worksheets in fear of invoking the wrath of Ennoshita-sensei. "Still though, that's a pretty big improvement!" Narita remarked.

Kinoshita nodded in agreement. "It's only nine more points from passing. In modern literature, too! Wasn't that your worst subject?"

"Yeah, this is a little suspicious. You better not have cheated." Ennoshita eyed the boy. Nishinoya looked appalled. "Of course not! I would never do something so lame!"

The boss of the second-years just raised his eyebrow in question. "Then, how did you improve so much when, just recently, you wrote nothing but nonsense answers on your worksheets and tests?"

The shorter boy laughed mysteriously. He clasped his hands together, like one would do in prayer. His eyes glazed over as he looked up, a smile full of bliss gracing his features. "I received divine insight from a goddess."

Kinoshita, Narita, and Tanaka tilted their heads in confusion while Ennoshita just looked at him blankly. "Okay, here's how to do question number four." Ennoshita continued as if nothing happened. "Hey!!"

The others laughed as Ennoshita paid him no mind, continuing to explain how to solve the problem. "Oh, you got that question right, Tanaka! Nice!" Narita exclaimed. "Ehh? We didn't even go over that one yet. How'd you know how to do it?" Kinoshita asked.

Tanaka blushed, his hand rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "Tsukiko-chan actually showed me how to do problems like this when she came over last weekend...Cut it out!!" He added when the other second-years gave him suggestive looks and mock kissy faces.

"Hmm, must have been nice! How was it, having your girlfriend over for the first time?" Narita asked.

Tanaka nearly melted at remembering how cute his girlfriend was. "It was so great...But then my sister came back and interrupted us. She was so embarrassing!"

"I don't even want to know what you two were doing before that..." Ennoshita mumbled.

"We didn't do anything!!!" Tanaka shouted back, but a small blush appeared on his cheeks again. "But...we did...k-kiss after I walked her back home." At the revelation, the other boys shouted congratulations at him.

Nishinoya, in particular, gave him a hard smack to the back. The sort teammates would give in the middle of a game. "Nice going, Ryu!!" He then looked up at the ceiling, a flash of hope in his eyes. "Ahh, if only Hitomi-chan would come to my house to teach me too!!"

"Hitomi-chan?" They questioned, not knowing anybody in their year with that name. "My beautiful angel I told you about earlier!" Nishinoya explained.