Chapter 3

Sean was in his room.

Perfect.

Kaycee peeked out of her bedroom to see if the coast was clear. It was. The lights were off. The house was dark. Sean was in his room. Audrey had left.  All the maids and servants had gone home.

This was her moment.

She sneaked downstairs, on her toes, walking slowly not to make a noise. The floor creaked a little when she stepped on the floor downstairs. Cursing the wooden floor, she cautiously tip-toed across the room. She was about to open the door, when-

"Where are you going?"

Kaycee screamed, jumping into the air about a feet, and landed on her butt. She put her hand on her chest to calm down her racing heart but that obviously wasn't productive.

Turning around she saw an amused Sean standing in the stairs with a mocking smile.

Even though she was pissed off she found his small smile adorable. But that feeling dissipated as soon as it came and anger took its place.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!!! I COULD'VE DIED OF A HEART ATTACK!!"

Sean's amused smile widened. "Are you a heart patient?"

"NO!"

"Then you wouldn't have died."

"I DON'T CARE!!"

Sean raised his eyebrows.

Kaycee realized what she said.

"I mean GO TO YOUR FUCKING BED, LEW."

Sean didn't answer Kaycee. Instead he walked down to the ground floor. Meanwhile Kaycee got off the floor and dusted herself.

The coat was freaking expensive. That is not how someone should be treating a bloody expensive, beautiful, furry coat especially one that you've never worn before. That's against the coat laws.

"Where were you going?"

"To hell."

"I don't doubt that. But at this time?"

Kaycee glared at him. "YOU go to hell. I was going to visit the Skully Craft Bar."

"You mean Skúli Craft Bar?"

"Yeah, that."

"Okay. And how exactly are you gonna reach there?"

"Driving, obviously." Kaycee said in a 'duh' tone.

"Do you even know the way?"

"I did my research. Besides I don't know if you know this or not but there's an app called GPS and it can-"

"I know what it does." He sounded annoyed.

How dare he sound annoyed.

She should be the one annoyed.

"Why do you care, anyway? I can handle myself. You go to..." Kaycee pointed upstairs to his room, "sleep."

At this Sean frowned. "I don't care. It's just that if you get lost I have to handle the controversy. And I have enough on my plate right now."

"How tragic!" Kaycee mimicked a sad noise, pouting her lips. "But I'm going anyway so..... Bye."

And she shut the door in his face. Just like he deserved.

Once again the dreamy side of Kaycee wanted Sean to follow her outside and tell her that he'd join her. Not because she wanted him there, cause frankly she would've just ended up ripping her hair out, but because she wanted to know that she wasn't ignored here too. That someone cared a little bit. However little it is.