Thirteen

(Sophia's dress⬆⬆⬆)

^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

Sophia's POV

By the evening, I had promised myself that I was gonna have to put my needs and dreams aside and do this. If that shipments meant a lot to my mum and dad,and the company,then I was gonna do this.

I was gonna sacrifice my happiness to be with a complete stranger who was really mean to me this morning when I'd smiled at him.

Jerk.

Tomorrow is a new day and I wanted to clear out everything tonight. Its good that Mr Scorpio was joining us for dinner.

I decided to dress up to clear out all the misunderstanding I caused.

I put on a mini blue floral dress with a belt and had my hair curled before I braided it into  waterfall braid.

I put on black sandal heels as I fixed up my makeup.

I smiled at my reflection before I left my bedroom.
I walked downstairs and before I greeted my family Davinci and Landon pulled me into a tight hug making me laugh a bit.

"Oh thank god! I thought you were gonna be mad at me forever" Davinci says as I pulled away.

"Yeah,don't do that again Soph" I nodded as Asher gave me a hug.

"Are you ok?" I nodded.

"Yeah. Just needed some time to let all that sink in" I laughed and he kisses my forehead.

"Good. I understand you needed time to let it sink in and we're sorry we didn't tell you. But mum and dad told us they'd take our cars if we said one word or hinted on it" I rolled my eyes.

Of course. Sometimes I felt like my brothers loved their car collections more than they loved the family.

I stayed around them for some time until Landon and Asher started arguing about who could burp the loudest.

How they're older than me? I don't quite know myself.
They act like a bunch of 5 year olds.

I walked away finding my mother in the living room.
She looked at me and stood up pulling me in a hug.

"I'm sorry darling" I hugged her back.

"Its OK mum. I know it was outve your control" she cried seeing me as she assessed my appearance.

"You look so beautiful dear" I blushed as she tells me to twirl.

The dress just reached a few centimeters above my knees,
Over my thighs

There was a knock at the door and soon I hear dad's voice talking to Mr Scorpio.

My fiance.

When his eyes met mine,I looked away when fear crept up in me. Somehow,those black deep brown eyes bought back un-welcomed memories of him.

I don't know how I'd survive school especially if he's gonna be there.

"....phia? Sophia?" I looked at mum calling me as she placed the back of her palm on my forehead.

"Are you alright darling? You look a bit pale? Perhaps,you're not feeling well enough" I shook my head.

"I-its ok. I just need a moment" she nodded as I walked out to the balcony breathing out a reliefed sigh when I felt a presence behind me.

Turning around,Mr Scorpio was leaning against the double doors frame looking at me with a look I couldn't quite decipher.

Curiosity perhaps.

"M-Mr Scorpio, I...... I'm deeply sorry for my behavior this morning. I wasn't thinking straight " I heard his expensive shoes clicking against the marble floors as his shoes come into view.

"You intrigued me little one" he says more to himself than me.

"I'll tell you what, we agree to this contract but we can keep our relationship between our beloved ones still.  You go about your life and I'll go about mine. We only show up together to family gatherings and act like a married couple" I looked at him shocked.

"I don't know.....why would you want that? Marriage is something serious and there's a reason why its called holy matrimony Mr Scorpio" I said out bursted by the idea of faking something so....real.

"Stefano" he says.

"What?" I asked confused. Did he get anything I just said.
Is he drunk?

"My name. Its Stefano. Mr Scorpio is my father. I'm Stefano" I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose.
I felt a bit dizzy from not eating the whole of today.

"Look, I" my knees gave out but a wall braced me as I held the wall only to discover it was Mr Scorp- Stefano's shoulder.

He looked at me with concern but as soon as I registered what his expression was, he turned back cold.

"I...." I don't get to finish my sentence as I'm succumbed into darkness.