Eighteen

(Sophia's engagement ring)

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Sophia's POV

By lunch almost everyone knew who I was.

Great! More problems.

I sat in the cafeteria flocked by cheerleaders and some popular jocks.
Beverly walked in with her two minions Olivia and Melisa.

I remember them. They used to bully me when I was here before.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" She yelled her scratchy voice is gonna make my ears bleed.

I ignored her and started talking to Jasmine. She was also a cheerleader.
I was munching on my fries.

"Sophie!" She says and I looked at her.

"What?" I asked pissed off now.

"I thought we had a deal. You let me keep my reputation and I leave you alone" she says on the verge of tears.

"Look Beverly,these people just showed up at this table. I didn't invite them. No offence guys" I told them who just shrugged and continued talking with their friends.

"Ugh whatever!you guys are the worst. Payton? Are you coming boo?" She asked Payton who looked away ignoring her as his friends laughed silently with him.

"Fine. I don't need you either" she says walking away.

"Finally" Payton says making his friends laugh.

••••••••••

"Bye Sophia. Don't forget to sign up for the team" Chelsea says and I waved back before I got in my car.

A light gray 2 seat lambrogini convertible.
I got in my car and drove off.

•••••••••
Upon arriving at home after my trip to Tiffany Jewelries where I picked up Stefano's engagement band, when I arrived at home, I noticed an unfamiliar car parked up next to Stefano's Mercedes Benz.

I walked in closing the door behind me as I turned around running into a hard wall.
Wait a second, a wall can't be placed at the door entrance.
Just then I looked up meeting Stefano's dark eyes.

"I have something to say" I scoffed walking passed him and went upstairs seeing my parents outside with this Italian look couple.
The man had tatooes covering his  neck and lower arms as I walked upstairs.

Stefano followed me and I left the door open as I entered the walk in closet to take off my shoes.
I walked back out after dumping my things on the study chair.
Stefano sat on the bed staring at me as I took a seat next to him.

I hear him sigh before he pulls me into a hug.
"I'm sorry about this morning" he mumbled against my neck and I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck.

I reminded myself that I was doing this so he wouldn't become suspicious about my plans to ruin and break off the engagement.

"You know,I've never apologized before" he says and I stared at him not seeing a hint of dishonesty.

"Well thank you for apologizing" I said seeing the intricate drawing on his skin running from his clothed broad shoulder that was showing from his suit shirt.

"Go on,touch it" he says tilting his head giving me more access as I got closer to him and trailed my finger up his neck watching him shiver from my touch.
I trailed it back until it stops at the place where it was covered.

I didn't expect him to take off his shirt and grabbed my wrist placing it back on his neck.
"Go on" he says and I trailed my finger over the lines of his tatoo.
From his neck,down his broad shoulder to his chest pac. It was an image of this scorpion's hook.
The tatoo came down passed his ribs as he inhaled sharply when I had leaned my hands directly over his thighs since I lost my balance while leaning forward.

"Am I interrupting something?" Asher asked looking at us with a knowing smile.
I blushed looking down as Asher laughed and walked away shutting the door as he left.

"I.....I got you something" I said tucking a strand of my thick silver highlighted curls behind my ear as I stood up and took out the small gift bag from my school bag where I'd put it in.

"You didn't have to" he says and I shrugged.

"Well,you got me a ring" I said wiggling my left hand fingers showing off my perfect fitted ring.

He smiles a bit but as soon as I registered it as a smile,he stops and opened the bag taking out the box and opened it.

"Thank you" he says and took out the ring.
It was made from black rare stone that had gray speckles of white crystals on them with red intricate designs from a ruby jem on it that changes over time.

"Here,let me" I said as I hold his much larger hands in mine and I fit in the ring in his left finger.

I ignored the sparks that ignited from our touch as I fit in the ring.

The whole time I put in the ring,I felt his stare on me,on my face.
I stared at him as his eyes flickered to mine and I bit my lip in anticipation making him clench his jaw.

He tucked a strand of my curls back behind my pierced ear.

"Can I kiss you?"