; CHAPTER 11 ; - Silent Sirens

A/N ; waah i'm not dead hello! fun fact i meant to finish this a year ago : ) oopsies. how would yall feel if i wrote other things as well? im planning on writing a mdimileth fic, so i might put it here.

Oh, was he wrong.

Gentle beeps are heard among the silence, darkness engulfing the redhead before him, stuck in another medically necessary coma; Jotaro's heavy azures bloodshot and barely able to keep themselves open.

He was late.

"I'm so sorry..." Jotaro simply held the boys thin hand, larger digits gently messing with the redheads thinner ones, entwining them before he laid his head on the side of the bed. His tireless efforts to make sure the man was okay, to make sure he had a chance at life—what was it worth? The impending, intrusive thoughts of 'just let him die' or 'if he wants it so bad, help him' poured in and out of his mind, plaguing his rationality. If Kakyoin was dead, maybe he would be happy. Maybe he'd stop having to have a constant pit of anxiety residing in his chest... maybe, just maybe—

"AH!"

Skyrocketing up as straight as a beanpole, Jotaro's heart pounded in his ears with large hand frantically feeling around the lonesome bed. Kakyoin was gone.

"Kakyoin?" The raven haired boy looked around quickly, but no luck. So, he got up and headed out, large footsteps fast and heavy as he headed towards the main room; face reeking of worry and fear as he slid the door open. As he hoped, there sat the red head, attention snapped in Jotaro's direction. "Oh, Jojo, you're—" Kakyoin's words are cut off as strong arms grasp at his body, trembling with fear as he hugged onto him like his life depended on it.

Tears started prickling at his eyes as his arms grasped tightly, head pressed firmly into the crook of his neck with his nose flat against his skin. Kakyoin was okay, it was just a bad dream. He had been getting better since the funeral happened, and though it was a long and heavy process, he was coping well. But... for Jotaro, it seems that his own stoic personality was breaking hard under pressure upon pressure stacking up like a plate of pancakes. He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep it under control, especially after this break.

"Jojo.. what happened?" Kakyoin turns his body in the tight hold as best as he is able to, gently hugging onto him and running his slender digits between oily locks of black hair. Only indescribable mumbles are given as an answer, the shaking starting up again as he recalls the nightmare. Why would he think such a thing? How could he..? Kakyoin was his everything. The fear in his teal eyes can be seen clear as day as Kakyoin finally pries his tight grip from his body, hands that had furled into curly locks now framed his face in a cupping motion. Fat tears rolled down his face, startling Kakyoin enough to pull a jump from him.

"I thought—I-I had lost you—" Jotaro's voice is hoarse and dry, scratchy against his morning throat. Soft fingers wipe at the portion underneath his eyes, ridding them of tear trails that only rewet themselves seconds after. "I'm here, Jotaro—there's no need to worry. It's okay." His voice is soft like fresh honey, soothing the shaking adult before him. Jotaro lost the strength in his legs and he fell to his knees, leaned over and resting his head on the redhead's lap. Suddenly, his body felt too heavy to hold its own weight. There's a pit in his chest, aching and ruling over his body in the most agonizing way possible.

Meanwhile Kakyoin is worried—watching Jotaro unravel before him like a broken coil would made his heart heavy with anxiety. He knew that Jotaro never truly showed his emotions because he's always had to be the strong one. With his father constantly absent from his life due to work, he had to be the one who seemed unbreakable. He had to be the one to protect his mother, the one who supported the family under any pressure. Now that Jotaro's plate seemed to be filling up with more than he could chew, it was pushing him past his breaking point.