S E V E N

John just holds me, not saying anything. He finally pulls me away from him at arms length just like when we first encountered Daniel.

"Are you ok?" He asks me.

"I'm fine. Are you ok?" I reply.

"Yup. Can I have some ice though?" He asks with a small smile. I return the smile, and lead the way to the kitchen. I can hear Jaren ask what's happening but I just set my phone down on the counter and grab the ice. After grabbing it from the freezer I gave John, who's sitting on one of the barstools, the ice. I grabbed my phone and put it on speaker I sat next to John and put the phone between us.

"So what the hell happened?" Jaren asks, the annoyance in his voice shows us he doesn't like being ignored for that long. I giggle causing John to give me a smirk. I roll my eyes then answer Jaren.

"Um John got beat up." John then sits up straighter.

"I did not get beat up, he did. You should've seen him." He replies then pouts, the ice still being held to the bruise on his cheek.

"Who hit John? I'm gonna go kick their ass." Jaren states, voice serious. I raise an eyebrow.

"Jaren might I remind you you're Canadian." I reply getting a wet towel.

"Doesn't mean I won't punch the guy." He states.

"But you're Canadian. Isn't it like illegal to do that?" John replies chuckling.

"Shut up." Jaren replies as me and John start laughing.

"You guys better tell me what happened sooner or later. I don't want it happening again. I can't stand having my baby hurt." Jaren continues.

"Which one of us are you talking about?" John asks to which I playfully smack him in the arm, a blush rising to my cheeks.

"Both of you. It makes me mad that I can't do anything to protect you guys just cause I'm in Canada." Jaren's pout becomes evident in his voice.

"Well you're gonna protect John when y'all are in Tennessee aren't you?" I reply while John kinda flinches as the wet rag makes contact with his knuckles. I mouth a sorry to him as I continue.

"What am I supposed to protect him from?"

"Everyone else bullying me." John states as he chuckles before hissing at the rag.

"What happened?" Jaren asks, noticing John hiss.

"John's being a baby." I reply.

"No I'm not." John whines.

"Yes you are. Now give me your other hand." I respond. He then passes the ice pack to the hand I finished cleaning, and hands me the other and I start cleaning that one. He flinched once again but it's not as noticeable as the first time.

"Wait, is he good?" Jaren asks.

"Yes he's fine, but his knuckles were red and he has a bruise on his cheek." I state, I look up at John and he looks at me making a goofy face. I smile then return my focus to his hand.

"What'd that guy do that caused you to beat him up John?" Smii7y asks. I tense up a bit and John notices.

"That's a story for another time. I don't think me or (Y/N) are ready to talk about it." John states as he gives me a reassuring smile. I give him a half smile and pull the rag away from his hand since I'm done cleaning. He smiles and mouths a thank you to me.

"Ok, that's fine. But if anything else happens you guys call me right away. Got it?"

"Aye aye captain." John responds. I giggle as I stand up to put the dirty rag in the laundry basket filled with clothes I'll clean later. I return and Jaren is no longer on call.

"Where's Jaren?" I ask.

"He said he's gotta pack for Tennessee. Which reminds me, can I see the flight now?"

"Yup. Come on." I lead him to my office which holds the flight. He looks it over with a hum.

"Great. We found our flight, let's book it then pack." John then sees my suitcase that I've set in the corner, "Seems like you've already started packing." He states with a chuckle.

"Yeah. I just thought since we're leaving in a few days I'd get some of my stuff packed already." I reply as I sit down and book the flight. After getting two plane tickets I turn my chair and face John who was standing behind me, "I'm really doing it."

"Doing what?"

"Going to Tennessee. I never thought I was gonna do this."

"Well I'm glad I'm forcing you to." He replies. I smile but it falters once I see he's still holding the ice pack to his left cheek.

"I'm so sorry about what happened." I state looking at my hands that are in my lap.

"(Y/N), you don't need to be sorry about anything."

"But if it were different-"

"If anything were different we don't know what he would've done. Something terrible could've happened if I weren't here. As much as you might hate it, I'm glad I was here, because you're my best friend. Basically my sister. I'm gonna protect you. So if that piece of shit comes here you tell me. I will get here as fast as I can." He states. I look up and see John's face as serious as it can get with an ice pack on it.

"Thanks." I reply, then he gives me a reassuring smile.

"No problem. Now come on, we gotta tell Kelly we're staying over there." John and I go to my living room and he texts Kelly about us going. She said it's cool and that John and Jaren are going to have to share a room seeing as I'll be staying in the room John normally stayed in. He complained but I reminded him that he can get to cuddle Smii7y all he wants so he was ok with it. We told Kelly that it was gonna be a surprise that I was going and she agreed not to tell Tyler. I then asked who was gonna be there and she replied saying it would be her, Tyler, Anthony, Scotty, Scotty's girlfriend Chrissy, Craig, Smii7y, John, and Me. We exchanged good nights with Kelly and then John insisted on staying at my place so that he can make sure nothing was gonna happen.