21: The Ugliest Emotion

They had been traveling for two days now, so far zero airbenders have wanted to come with them. Tenzin who was getting restless was now prepared to try absolutely anything.

"Any ideas?" Tenzin asked everyone around the table.

"I think we should just force them. Oh! I'll electrocute them then you guys take care of the rest." Hiko suggested. Tenzin looked at Hiko with a dissatisfied look.

"We are not going to force them if they don't want to come," Tenzin said firmly. Hiko slumped on his chair and crossed his arms, pouting.

"It's because you don't have enough razzle-dazzle!" Bumi said enthusiastically. Hiko met Bumi the first day and he quite frankly had never met anyone like Bumi, but he liked him nonetheless. "What if we show them the fun side of being an Airbender. Like, have a performance or something."  Bolin suggested.

"I'm willing to try anything, what's on your mind?" Tenzin reclined his head.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Come one, come all! See the amazing Airbenders! First up, the tattoed master, you know him as the son of Avatar Aang... Tenzin!" Bolin shouted excitedly at the group of people in the new Earth Kingdom town they had just landed on. Tenzin took off his robe and presented himself to the cheering crowd, forming a giant air wheel and zooming around.

"Now everyone! We have just received some urgent news, two firebender convicts have escaped and are now at large! If you see anyone with a red scarf and a small boy with him...."

"There they are!" Someone from the crowd shouts and points at Mako and Hiko.

"We are the escaped convicts..." Mako said stiffly.

"...and you will reap our fire!" Hiko shouted gleefully before releasing a giant fireball to the air scaring away most of the crowd.

"Oh no! Who will save us now!" Bolin shouted.

Korra who was waiting for her cue stepped out into the open.

"I will! With my airbending skills!" Korra shot Hiko with an Airblast which he overreacted to by collapsing into the ground dramatically.

Korra now turned to Mako and Airblasted him into the air and put him in a tornado.

"Ah! Hey! Let me go! This is not what we rehearsed!" Mako shouted while being thrown into another tornado. Korra turned to Asami who was chuckling at the sight.

"With the power of Airbending, even this beast can float!" Pointing at Oogi.

Bumi walked up to the center and made a few airblasts here and there.

"See what can be accomplished after just a few weeks of training!" Bolin gestured at Bumi who was now winking at a few old ladies. Jinora took her glider and flew up high before landing on a peak of land gently and waving at the crowd below her.

"She may be young but she is in total control! If you or anyone you know is an Airbender please approach us and Master Tenzin and Avatar Korra would be glad to teach you all they know. Giving one last barrage of applause and shouts the crowd soon dispersed. Running up to them, they saw a young boy.

"Hey I'm an Airbender!" Kai demonstrates his Airbending abilities gaining a smile of satisfaction from Tenzin. "I want to join you guys!"

"Alright! Just so we're clear we're going to Ba Sing Se first then to the Northern Air Temple where you'll begin your training." Korra said to Kai.

"Yeah, Ba Sing Se, rebuild the temple, Air Nomad what-do-you-do, I'm in. Let's go right now!" Kai said enthusiastically.

"That's great! Real quick, what's your name?" Bolin raised his eyebrow.

"Kai. Now when do we hit the road?"

"Right now! Let's go." Korra said while leading Kai into the airship.

Jinora approaches Kai and offers her hand.

"Hi, my name's Jinora, if you need help with Airbending I'll be glad to teach you anything I know." Smiling at her, Kai shakes Jinora's hand.

"My name's Kai, that's real nice of you." Kai and Jinora walk into the airship together followed by Hiko, looking at the two with an expression on his face.

"We shouldn't leave yet, some Airbenders might still appear, so we'll stay the night here," Tenzin said to everyone around the table.

"I thought we were hitting the road?"

"Kai, we should make sure we have every Airbender in this town with us. We aren't leaving any behind." Korra said to Kai, who crossed his arms. Hiko looked at Kai with a sour expression.