Rescue Mission

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

The old man to Connis explained everything. The trial and sacrifices basically made them hostages. Luffy, Sanji, Usopp and I headed down to Lovely street. Everyone avoided us because we were criminals. Soon we ended up as a harbor where Connis lent us her boat. I'm unsure why but Connis was fidgeting occasionally.

"Connis, I've been wondering but you were the one who called the lobster didn't you? Now you feel bad and want to help us."

"(M/N) don't suggest something so ridiculous to Connis Swan"

Sanji seethed as he gripped the front of my shirt bringing us closer till we were inches apart. Smiling, I looked over to Connis despite the glare Sanji gave me. She broke down admitting everthing. She begged us to just run away as she fell on the floor. She admitted if no one called that lobster than they would all be killed as punishment. Kneeling on the ground, I gave Connis a few headpats as I smiled.

"Hey, it's alright, you guys would have died. We don't need unnecessary death. It's our fault anyways for not paying the toll."

"Why did you tell us?!" Sanji, Luffy and Usopp screamed. They were right, everyone would be safe if she didn't admit it but her honesty wouldn't allow her. I felt something coming down so I pushed myself and Connis out of the way. We got to the other side as a massive hole was made where the lightning struck. A knight of the sky came out and assured us he would temporarily take care of the girl.

Sanji and Luffy got on the boat as Usopp and I did too. We took off following the map. It was a bit slow so I took off one of the dials and with the tools Usopp was given, I began rigging it to go faster. I put it back and fixed the other side too. We went a lot faster which Usopp marvelled at. I sat next to Luffy as we soon approached a massive forest. It looked cool even if there were skulls on some sticks.

"Everyone, get down!"

I screamed as scythe passed over our heads right after I grabbed everyone to the ground. During the grabbing, Luffy ended up under me so I kind of straddled him but I didn't have any time to tease as I moved to the steering wheel and began carefully manuevering around all the scythes. I ordered the others to stay on the ground as I got us through this mess.

"This is fun (M/N)!"

Luffy excitedly said to me as I was concentrating. I managed to sail us all the way down as we noticed there were a massive statue and four different tunnels that had different trials. We went down the trial of balls. The tunnel was dark so Luffy joked we were going to fall before we came to the edge of a waterfall. I screamed slightly with my own voice before slapping a hand over my mouth and pushing the hat even harder onto my head.

I began free falling with everyone else and I was slightly scared but Sanji wrapped an arm around my waist bringing me into his chest as he held onto the boat with the other hand. I buried myself into his chest as the boat crashed into the water below us. I fell onto Sanji, unable to see anything with my weight completely on him.

"Everything is alright now (M/N)... Oi Luffy! Did you purposely jinx us?!"

Sanji said softly to me before trying to beat up Luffy. Luffy just pointed a finger at me as he laughed about my girly scream. I glared at him before taking the wheel again. We noticed there were countless balls in the sky. One of them came down to us which Usopp wanted to batt away but a snake popped out making Luffy punch it away. Another one came which Sanji kicked away but it exploded upon impact.

"Dumbasses be careful!"

I yell as I spotted one of the priests sitting on a ball. This was his trial as he danced happily on the ball. Luffy jumped up to punch the priest but he predicted Luffy's moves and beat Luffy up instead with a punch. The priest talked about his mantra as Sanji tried to attack him only for the same outcome. Remembering Marco's words, I assumed their Manrta was their version of observation haki.

The boat I was on was still travelling so I told Luffy and Sanji to grab Usopp to get back on. I yelled at them that I would personally handle him as I unsheathed my blade and jumped off.  The boat started traveling as I went in to slice the guy but he dodged instead delivering a hard punch to my stomach. It sent me flying but I used the momentum to change direction mid air and land on my feet.

"I'm going to destroy you"

The balls came from all directions with all sorts of effects as I had to think two steps ahead. It didn't help that he came over for close combat with his fists as he kept using that mantra. It was really fast too so dodging without any wounds was impossible. Gritting my teeth, I got slightly angry which made me see the aura of the guy. I freaked out and backed up slightly. I could no longer see his body in detail but his movements were slightly slower.

"The hell?"

"My mantra will win against you!"

"Shut up will ya?!"

My movements were sloppy making a ball explode in my face, sending me flying into the tree. Panting, I stood back up even more agitated than before. Whitebeard's words and image flashed in my mind. That being calm is the best time to use haki especially in a high risk situation. That's when we get to learn the most. Unfortunately, he combined his balls to make a dragon of sorts to pummel me into the ground.

Releasing my breath, I gripped my sword lightly to release tension as I tried to do that thing where I could only see colours. It took a few attempts and that guy managed to get way more explosions on me. Getting back up, I saw it. My breath halted as I saw his next move before him. Bending down and to the side, I dodged the arm thrown at me before putting my all into that one slice.

I could hear the voice of my blade, the sound of the rocks, the trees, the vines and even the water. It was so beautiful as I slashed the man. My eyes closed but I could still see. I no longer needed to see, just hear the musical sheet and strike when he stopped. That combined with my new sight was what gave me the final blow.

A massive straight line cut through the whole forest as the enemy fell.

"Good job but I'm better."

A/N: (M/N) is useful. Thanks for reading and commenting! I believe this book has reached 2k reads which is amazing!

 Thanks for reading and commenting! I believe this book has reached 2k reads which is amazing!