47 | Encounter

47

Encounter

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand"

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."

Today's Sunday mass brought me hope and that's the three verses that keep echoing in my head.

It's been a while since I had thought of Him. I was focused with my sufferings that I forgot to surrender it all to Him. Nevertheless, I'm thankful for all the things that had happened. Like the ones I thought I would never have, just like the fact that I'm still with Achi up to this point.

Yesterday, I visited my mom. She's doing okay, I guess. Still silent but she's been working with stuff. She stayed most of her time in her condo. So I left and decided to visit her from time to time.

I was actually pretty occupied with Achi. Seeing him with his sisters makes me feel giddy about it. Just like this very moment.

We're now leaving the church and somehow I can't stop staring at him, the sight of him holding the twins with each on his hands is touching something inside me. It's like I can envision him being a good father someday.

If by chance, I'm still able to stay with him, I'd like to witness him having his own family. It'll be hard on my part but still, seeing your important someone happy is what matters the most.

"Achi!"

Agad akong napatingin sa tumawag kay Achi. From the church, I can see Viy making her way towards us. Diretso lang sa paglalakad ang magkakapatid kaya naman nakita ko kung paano binilisan ni Viy ang kaniyang paglakad para maabutan sila.

"Achi!" tawag niyang muli.

Sa pangalawang pagkakataon ay nakuha na niya ang atensyon ni Achi. Lumingon ito sa pinanggalingan ng boses.

"Viy?' sagot niya.

Huminto sila sa paglalakad kaya tuluyan nang nakalapit sa kanila si Viy.

Come to think of it, ngayon ko na lang ulit nakita ang babaeng ito. Looking at her, I no longer feel the same way towards her. Now that I've witnessed Achi being with Jesca, his treatment with Viy is totally different from her.

"Hey, it's been a while since I last saw you. And you're with your sisters..." sabi niya na para bang may himala na nangyari.

"Yeah, kakauwi lang nila few days ago. What's up?" tanong ni Achi.

"Uhm, just wanted to ask if you want to hang out?"

Tumingin si Achi sa kambal, "Not really the best time.."

"Oh, who do we have here?" biglang pagsulpot ni Rachelle.