49 | One big chaos

48

One big chaos

Tahimik kaming nakaupo ni Achi sa kama habang hinihintay ang may-ari ng kwarto. Bryles's probably got a long scolding right now. I didn't know that her mother's so strict when it comes to education.

I've known Bryles as an easy going person so I assumed that the family got his back no matter how lacking he is when it comes to certain things. Well, not that he's lacking. From what I've seen, he really can keep up with his studies but it seems like he's not really into it causing him to fluctuate his grades.

"Is it really big of a deal if he fails?" I asked Achi.

"Yeah. Our school is strict when it comes to quota grade. Once you failed then you're out of the course, not unless you take a shift or you transfer school. That's basically the only option you can have." Achi explained.

Hmm. i guess if he really wanted that course then transferring school would be the option but I doubt that's the case here.

Sabay kaming napatingin sa pinto nang bumukas ito. Seeing the problematic face of Bryles means that the conversation with her mother didn't go well.

"Ano sabi?" tanong ni Achi.

Bryles sighed, "Transfer, bruv."

"Figures. Don't worry, we'll help you find another uni here."

"In Manila."

Natigilan si Achi at napatitig kay Bryles. "Are you serious?"

Napahilamos ng mukha si Bryles sabay umupo sa kanyang swivel chair. "I wish I was joking but I'm not, bruv. She wants me to stay in Manila, thinking that I'll take my life seriously there."

"I'll call them." tumayo si Achi at lumapit sa bintana habang nagdidial ng number sa kaniyang cellphone. Ang atensyon ko ay na kay Bryles na halos hindi na maipinta ang mukha sa nangyayari.

It's their last semester before going to fourth year where the curriculum focuses on their internship. So this must really take a toll on them since they were planning to graduate at the same time. Transferring on a nearby school won't be a problem but the fact that he's going away is totally not okay. These boys are connected to the bones so they won't approve of this.

"Papunta na sila." sabi ni Achi.

"Bruv, I don't know what to do."

"Do you want to tell me something? You've never been this distracted before. I don't know if this is just my gut but it seems like you're not really into this. Gusto mo pa ba ituloy 'to?"

Ilang segundo natahimik si Bryles tila pinoproseso ang mga sinabi ni Achi. It looks like he's been having a battle inside his head.

"I don't know, bruv. Maybe you're right. Hindi ko alam kung paano nangyari. Our first two years in college is okay. Maybe because I was with you guys. But this semester, it got me thinking. Gusto ko ba talaga ito? I was already thinking of the future. Gusto ko ba talaga maging doctor like you guys? And the answer in my head is still vague. Actually, I can't come up with an answer." Bryles confessed.