Forgive and forget?

Chapter three: Forgive and forget? (Emma's POV)

"This is unbelievable, I come to this wedding, your sister, Madeline's wedding, and I'm grinning like a fucking idiot because I'm happy for her and that I get to be her bridesmaid," I grunt, kicking my suitcase, pulling over the entrance, "And who do I see? Who do I see, Zoey?" I asked her as she followed me. 

"Nick fucking Heartwell," she groaned while pulling her suitcase. 

"We will take that." Two bellboys came and took our bags for us. 

"Thank you," I sighed, flopping down on the couch in the hotel lobby. 

We were pretty much last to enter the hotel since all the parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts were let in first. 

Zoey stayed behind with me willingly. Don't know why she did that. "Just avoid him, Emma, you've been doing it for a month and you have a few classes with him but you handled it just fine," she shrugged. 

"That was a few classes in a date, Zo, this is three weeks!" I exclaimed. 

"Ladies!" William walked over to us from the front desk. "Here are your room keys," he handed me one key and the other to Zoey. 

"Are we sharing?" Zoey stood up. 

"No, you can if you like, I just thought it would be less... chaotic," he chose his words wisely. "The entire top floor has been given out to attendees for the wedding, a lot of other people already took their rooms, so sorry if your rooms aren't close enough, if you can find someone to trade with, that wouldn't be a problem," he smiled. 

"Thank you, William," I sighed while standing up before saying bye to him and heading to the elevator with Zoey. As we got in and pressed the button to close it, someone's hand almost got crushed. "Shit! Are you all right?" I opened the doors quickly. 

"I'm perfectly okay, thanks for asking," he smirked. 

I'm having second thoughts on opening those doors. 

"Hey, Zo," he nodded. 

"Hi, Nick," she nodded back awkwardly. 

We stood there in absolute silence when I clenched and unclenched my fists behind my back. Fifty-seven floors is a lot. The one and only hotel. SLS Lux Brickell, Miami, Florida. After a dreadful time, the elevator finally dings and we all step out. I look at my key card. 

The SLS Lux King. 

Cool. 

"I'm that way," I pointed to the left from the elevator. 

"I'm not," Zoey sighed. 

It's on the opposite side of the hall, we'll live. 

"See you at dinner?" she asked and I nodded before walking my way. I turned around and Nick was standing right there. 

"Can I help you?" I asked while walking past him, only for him to follow me. 

"Can I ask you something?" he questioned while following me. 

"No," I huffed. 

He jumped in front of me and began walking backward. "Why do you hate me? Shouldn't I hate you after you dumped me in front of everyone so humiliatingly?" he asked while smirking. 

"Dumped you? Nick, you cheated on me," I huffed while looking through for my room. 

"No, I didn't. We weren't officially dating, Emma. Come on, forgive and forget," he gave me a pointed look.