2 | Playlists

Music makes the world go 'round and 'round and 'round and you get the point! Today's theme is about music and the wonders that it brings us. For some, it is an escape from reality to a dreamland that we all wish we could be on and for others, it's what makes things.....work.

Frustrated after a long day of work? Jam out to some Queen. 

Need some studying music? Oh, boy, check out my chill house piano instrumentals.

Want a tropical getaway in the comfort of your room? WattpadDisney might recommend you some Lilo & Stitch or Moana.

How about some strong feminist anthems? I'm pretty sure TheWarriorGoddess has got you covered there!

Bottom line is that regardless of why we listen, we all feel happy and comforted with our earphones plugged in and we're scream-singing the Hamilton soundtrack at the top of our lungs until our neighbors ask if our cat is okay. (This still stings, by the way)

Today, we are asking our lovely Get Together participants to join us in curating the most awesomest (yes, I said it) playlist! There's a twist though. You will find that we separated things into three categories that we found to be a few of the many moods that music gives us. We want you to share a song (or many songs) that go under these categories!

Scroll through some of the ones that others have recommended and if you know or love the song too, feel free to strike up a conversation about it - how else are we going to meet new people here?? You'll find that music can bring the most unlikely friendships. You can share some from your own country that's in your mother tongue too! 

Music is a universal language and we will bask in how wonderful that is. Now let's get to jammin'!

PLAYLIST:   Dance Like Nobody is Watching💃🏽

We all have that one song that we can't help but dance to and for some of us, it might be 10+ songs (give or take a couple hundred). Using the inline comments, tell us what song does this for you!

PLAYLIST:   It's Soft Hours

Did you get your permission slip signed for our feels-trip? Awesome! Using the inline comments, tells us what song gets you all sentimental and soft.

PLAYLIST:   The Time Machine

Have you ever heard a song come up on the radio that immediately took you back to the middle school dance? Using the inline comments, tell us some of your favorite nostalgic-feeling songs.

Thank you for recommending these to us! We have a pretty cool surprise for you tomorrow so be sure to bring this playlist with you because trust us when we say, you will want to have it when we start our shenanigans.

The listening party definitely doesn't end here, if you want to enjoy a place where music is the life of the party, please head over to the music profile and learn how to get involved with the many incentives that they have available.

Stay groovy, folks!

~ The LGBTQIAP+ Family
Instagram | Twitter