zehn | kuroo tetsurou - cycle

the same people fall in love no matter what

[ warnings: mentions of death ]

[ words: 1.7k ]
_________________________

"Hey (Y/n), I have something important to tell you." Kuroo glances at you with remorse written on his face. While you had been preparing supper, your hands were stirring the hot soup in the pot as you cut the bread in to slices. "What is it?"

He waits for you to serve the newly cooked food and as you both sat down on the dining table, he grabs your hands and held it.

He stood very silent to the point that you could hear the candle burning in front of the dining table, words were not coming out of his mouth even if he tried to force it out.

He takes out a crumpled letter out of his pocket and hands it to you. You being clueless, you took the letter without any hesitation.

"(Y/n)... will you be willing to wait for me?" He manages to let out before he had choked on his tears.

You unconsciously placed your hand on your stomach and Kuroo's eyes did not miss your action. He stood up quickly as the chair he previously sat on fell to the floor with a thud. And before you know it, you were already embraced in his arms.

"I'll wait for you even if it takes forever,"

...

"Come back soon. Your child will be waiting for you." Your hands tremble as you caressed his cheeks. He places one hand above yours and looks at you. "Here make sure you eat well so you stay healthy. And don't forget to sleep warmly or you'll catch a cold and-" without even finishing, he pulls you in a tight embrace.

"-don't forget me and your child love you very much okay?"

Heavy tears were already falling like there was no tomorrow. You couldn't even imagine your tomorrow without your beloved husband, how will you even wait for his return. With one last kiss on your lips, he pulls away and steps back slowly. "We'll see each other again soon dear." You quickly grab something on your pocket and handed him a handkerchief with both of your initials.

"See you later, Alligator."

"Bye bye, crocodile."

You stood outside until you couldn't see his silhouette walking away from a distance.

...

Kuroo clenches the copper locket with a picture of him and his wife together. And soon enough, blood and tears had started to drip on the locket. His back had leaned on a sack of dirt. "Hang in there Kuroo!" The pudding colour haired boy tells him and started to shake his arms. "We're almost done! Look hey! H, hey Kuroo..." Suddenly the gun shots had stopped.

"The other side has surrendered! Hurrah!"

But Kuroo had already stopped hearing the gun shots long ago.

"Sorry (Y/n) it seems like in this life our time together was too short. But destiny will let us meet again." But Kuroo's lips weren't moving as if his last words were left unsaid.

"Kuroo hey wake up! I thought you said that we'd survive through this together!" But Kuroo's hand fell and the locket fell off his hand.

Only the locket had safely returned back home.

"The Crown Prince is entering!"