forty two

Hospital Wing

Draco rubbed his eyes, they were wet.

"What in Merlin's sake happened?", Draco wiped his eyes dry. He tried to remember what he dreamt that made him cry.

However, all that he recalled was flashes of memory and just a tingle of sadness.

Although Draco did lose this memory of them having a truce, he did still have a crush on Harry. The sorrow that appeared beneath those green eyes could not be concealed.

"What did I do wrong again? Why am I always doing everything wrong?", he flipped to face down in bed. Draco's phone vibrated.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 ❥︎

Hey princey

What are you doing?

Are you in free period or quidditch

?

What?

Potter you just saw me?

Why are you calling me princey anyway

And are you texting while on a broomstick?

I just saw you?

I always call you princey what do you mean

No haha, apparently Ron got the day wrong

Wait how did you know that?

Potter what in Merlin's beard are you talking about?

I should be the one asking you what you're talking about

Firstly you said to pretend our conversations about Draco didn't happen

Then you start calling me Potter all of a sudden?

Prince what's happening?

Conversations about Draco?

Potter, I'm Draco.

What in the world are you talking about?

Is there another Draco?

What

Prince, seriously, stop pulling my leg

Did you text the wrong number?

I'm serious. This is Draco Malfoy. You literally saw me MINUTES ago.

Quidditch Field

Harry turned his phone off and stormed to Ron. His shoved his phone in Ron's face, "Ron, who exactly is 'Prince'?"

Ron looked to Blaise, knowing the worst, "Someone...? Haven't you been communicating with them?"

"Is 'Prince' Draco?", Harry asked Ron and Blaise, their reaction answered his question. The gig was up, Ron slowly nodded his head.

A million thoughts ran through his mind. Every message he sent, every confession he made. Harry didn't know if he could be angry with Ron and Hermione. He, himself, was also pretty oblivious to not see that 'Prince' was actually Draco.

"Then,", Harry's eyes focused onto Ron again, "When Draco was in coma, who was behind the screen?".

"Pansy.", Ron replied.

Everything made perfect sense now. Harry sunk into one of the benches, "Prince is... Draco?"

Blaise quickly messaged Pansy.

"Sorry for hiding this from you, mate. We just wanted the both of you to get along.", Ron tried to justify his actions.

Harry buried his face in his hands, "I said all those things to Draco? All those cuts and scars, were they because of me? I fucked up, I fucked up real bad. What the hell do I do now?"