Chapter 3

I climbed into the truck, along with Pea and Chomp. We were the only three still alive while Crazy Dave started up Penny and we flew away.

I couldn't stop thinking about Cactus and it was getting hard for me to breathe as well as the fact that our teammates died. There were fifty of us, and now there's only three.

The ride home was long and tiresome and none of us said a thing.

We flew over the ocean and in the distance I could see the Mega Flower towering above the lighthouse with a smile on her Face, pleased to see that we arrived home.

Crazy Dave stopped the car and we all got outside, and walked into the lighthouse.

An Alien Flower ran up to Chomp, Pea and I asking if we were alright. She healed us up and escorted us inside to take care of our wounds.

When she was done with Chomp she came to me healing my wounds quickly.

She was pretty, she had on a crooked top hat, with surprised clown makeup and thorn glasses.

"I'm really glad you guys are OK," She said. "Even if it's just you three that returned."

I smile at her, and then she finishes up

and moves onto heal Pea.

Later on that day I started to walk around the lighthouse thinking about all the Plants lost at the last garden, there's been less and less of us now and it's starting to feel lonely.

I see Chomp in the distance, staring off to the coast across the ocean.

I dawdle over to him quickly and we give each other a hug.

Both of us noticing that we won't have Cactus by our side again.

"We need to get inside," Chomp says. "There's a meeting, and Dave wants us all there."

Then we walk back inside the lighthouse and we all sit down at a large table. The table used to be filled with many vibrant and colorful Plants but now it just seems to be emptier and lonelier.

Chomper starts eating scraps off of the table and I laugh while food hangs from his mouth.

Across the table I see Pea shaking his head at us while waiting for Crazy Dave to give his speech.

"There has been less and less of us," Dave begins. "And I don't know why."

The Great speech from Crazy Dave, I'm assuming it's up to us now to figure it out.

"On a more serious note," Dave starts. "I think Zomboss and his minions are becoming more advanced they're creating new technology and that technology is killing some of the plants. There's a base in the desert that i need you guys to get to."

"When do we start?" Pea asks, ready for the next mission.

"As soon as possible." Dave says. "The zombies already found out about the base and if you dont stop them they'll ruin everything."

We all get out of our seats and heads toward Penny, but Dave stops us.

"Some of the plants are still premature," He says. "They arent ready for Garden Warfare."

"I'll pick my team then," Pea states.

He nods in Alien Flowers direction, then  he nods at a Camo Cactus and a Citrus Cactus, a Toxic Pea and then he nods at Count Chompula and Chomper and I.

"These are my teammates," Pea says. "I trust them with my roots. I've been in battle with them before and i like what they have to offer."

I hear other Plants sigh in the distance, some of them were really looking forward to fighting alongside with Pea, but he made his decision.

I'm glad he chose me, he sees my potential. But at the same time I'm scared because I dont want to screw up his impression amd let the team down.

"Then it's settled," Crazy Dave laughs. "Get ready we're leaving in ten minutes."

Then he and Pea walk off together and i turn to Chomp.

"We'll do great," Chomp smiles. 

But I'm scared for him because he's a mele Plant, and they're normally the first to go.

He's the only friend I have left so if anyone's going to be healed 24/7 it's going to be Chomp. I won't leave his side and I'll make sure he gets out alive.

Alien Flower walks up to us.

"Nerve wrecking isn't it?" She smiles. "I'm glad we'll be together in the fight. Sunflowers stick together right?"

She nudges me in the arm and nods at Chomper. Then she pulls me aside to talk prialvatley.

"I see the connection you two have," She says, and I feel awkward that it's noticeable. "I'll do my part to keep him alive for you, but we can't forget about the others. Everyone deserves a fair share."

I look at the other teammates The two Cactus sit together in a corner and I see that the Citrus Cactus is crying and Camo Cactus is doing her Best to keep her calm.

"They're sisters," Alien Flower says.

Then I see Toxic Pea and Count Chompula.

"They're new," Alien Flower says. "They just got out the premature stage."

"And Pea chose us?" I gasp.

Alien Flower nods her head. "They're Good, but they don't have the experience that the three of us has."

I look at Chomper and he gulps.

There's not even enough of us what if we don't pull through.

"But Pea sees something in each of us," Alien Flower says.

Then let's not let him down.

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and sorry for any mistakes I'm on my phone again. Anyways have a great holiday and Happy new year!