ONE

Once again Jeongguk looks at the address on the paper in his hands. He is standing in front of a rather big mansion. Although he knows that the people he's hopefully going to work for are wealthy and have a own company, he didn't expect something that big. He just hopes that they are kind people but he has to admit that the woman who he talked to on the phone sounded really nice.

Nervously, he walks to the wooden door and rings the door bell. Only a few seconds later it is opened by middle aged woman around her fifties. "Ah hello, my name is Dasom, we have talked before on the phone. Nice to meet you in person!" Her lips turn into a genuine smile. "Nice to meet you too, I'm Jeongguk." He returns her smile and takes her offered hand. She is as kind as she was at the phone, Jeongguk thinks happily.

"Come in." With a wave of her hand she signals him to step inside which the young man follows. She guides him to the living room where they both sit down on the big couch. Between them lies a small baby wrapped in a blanket, surrounded by many pillows to prevent him from falling, staring at Jeongguk with big doe eyes. "That's Chansol, my grandchild.", the woman explains. Jeongguk smiles at the baby, "Hey little one, nice to meet you." The baby flashes a small, most likely unintentional, smile after Jeongguk's words making the male chuckle softly.

"Such a cute little bean.", Jeongguk exclaims in awe while looking at the baby. "Yes, he really is. Gladly, he's very calm and doesn't cry that much. Just in the night he is sometimes a little restless.", the woman explains while smiling at her grandchild. "Okay, Jeongguk." She starts, looking at the male again, "I've read in your curriculum vitae that you've had a few jobs as a babysitter." Jeongguk nods, taking his eyes away from the baby to focus on the woman in front of him. "Most of the times I had to look after the children while their parents were abroad.", he answers.

"Alright, Jeongguk, you seem like a really nice person and you also have the necessary experience but I have to warn you that this job might be much different than those you had before. My son, Chansol's dad, has lost his girlfriend during Chansol's birth. Now he's heartbroken and depressed and I'm really worried about him. Everything is too much for Taehyung, that's his name, at the moment . But the worst thing is that he wants nothing to do with his son. Chansol is living with him, yes but my husband and I, we are the ones who care for our grandchild. Normally, we are both working. But currently, I'm living with my son as a support. I took a break form working for two weeks, that's the longest I could afford, and those two weeks are over soon. And now we're searching for a way how we can manage everything. My son didn't stop working, it's his way to cope with all the pain and sadness I guess, so I'm the one who feeds Chansol, changes his diapers and takes him to bed. My son doesn't even want to look at his child. And that would be your job then you would have to stay at his house and care for Chansol. Maybe you'd be able to get Taehyung to love his son, to open his eyes, to show him what a sweet child he is. Of course you stay there for free and you don't have to pay for anything and I know it's not an easy job, so I can completely understand if you want to say no. You can also take your time to think about everything. There are still a few days until I have to start working again." She smiles sadly at Jeongguk, not knowing the latter has already made up his mind.

He knows that it's surely not very smart of him and that she's right, he should take his time to decide but the whole story affects him so much. He only needs to look into Chansol's innocent eyes and he's sure that he wants to accept the job offer. This baby who is blamed for something which isn't his fault. Jeongguk feels the urge to protect this little bean at all cost. He will give him the love he deserves and he is determined to show his father what a sweet human being his son is.

Therefore Jeongguk's able to give Dasom an answer immediately. "I'm going to do it. I know that it'll be everything but easy but I'll do the best I can. I still live with my parents and don't have an own appartment hence it's no problem for me to move. I can start as soon as you need me."

Dasom's for the moment surprised expression turns soon into a happy one. "Thank you. Thank you so much. And if Taehyung's being to much, you can always call me, alright? Thank you, Jeongguk, you really are an angel." Jeongguk feels himself redden. "No need to thank me. I'm happy to have a job and Chansol seems like a really sweet baby."

"So you'll have a few days to pack your things. Do you need help to move them?", she asks friendly. "I could send someone to help you." Jeongguk is quick to shake his head, "No need to, I don't have too many things."

"Alright. Then it's settled. And I'm gonna text you further information as soon as I have talked with my husband. And before you start working we can meet at Taehyung's house and I'm gonna show you everything in the house and tell you the things you should know about Chansol. And then you'll meet Taehyung too."

"Okay", Jeongguk agrees. He doesn't really know what's awaiting him and he know's that it'll be hard but in some way he's really looking forward to his new job.