forty three

Hospital Wing

Draco was almost drifting off into sleep when the door slammed open and he jumped. "Merlin's fucking beard.", he swore. "I'm so bloody tired, who's here now?"

Draco's eyes trailed to the figure speed walking to him, "Potter? What are you doing here?".

Before he even said anything else, Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's head and hugged him tightly.

I felt so natural, Draco subconsciously closed his eyes and indulged in Harry's scent. It was extremely comforting to him. The Slytherin could hear the footsteps of others, but he just focused on the boy in front of him.

"I'm so sorry, Draco. For everything I've said, even if you don't remember any of it.", Harry whispered as he finally released Draco, Draco slightly annoyed as he was being pulled apart from Harry's scent.

"I like you, Draco Malfoy.", Harry grabbed Draco's hands and looked directly in his eyes. "Everything about you is perfect to me. Your scars, your Dark Mark, I don't care about any of them. I lose myself everytime I meet your eyes and your platinum blonde hair is absolutely beautiful."

Draco didn't know what to say. Instead, tears started falling down.

It felt as though something unlocked in him, and it all made sense. Harry held the key to Draco's memories, knowing that Harry accepted him for who he was made Draco realise that he didn't need to put up his walls.

Harry panicked and let go of Draco's hands, "I'm sorry, Draco!". He looked at Blaise and Ron, hoping for some help. Pansy and Hermione came running in too.

Draco's hands went to his face.

"I'm so sorry, Draco.", Harry repeated while turning back to Draco. He didn't know what he did wrong, though.

Just then, Draco threw his hands around Harry's torso. He was confused, but he gently rubbed Draco's back.

Pansy placed one of her hands on Harry's shoulder and he turned. "I'll leave him to you, Harry!", she winked at him. Pansy quickly retreated, dragging the other boys and Hermione out of the Hospital Wing.

"I thought...", Draco spoke through his sniffs, "That you'll never return my feelings, that you'll never like me back. I'm a Death Eater, you know that. Even going as far to try to remove that mark. Even after you saw me, how can you still like me?"

Harry smiled as he hugged Draco again, "You're perfect in every sense, Draco. How can I not? I don't care about what anyone else says. I should be the one surprised that you like me."

"Yeah.", Draco's replied with a smile.

"So uh,", Harry started, "Are we... Dating?"

Draco pulled away and look at Harry with his slightly reddened eyes, "Are we?"

"We're not?", Harry asked with a trace of sadness. Seeing this, Draco couldn't help but laugh.

"I guess we are.", Draco smiled.

"Then,", Harry grinned. "If you're well enough, let's go on a date next week? But only if you're well enough to go."