Chapter 17

Important announcement in the Author's note. Please read.

________________________________________

Third Person POV

It was heat day. Every house was seated at the or designated section of the stadium on the bleachers, dressed in their different sport wears. Limelight had three different sporting gears for each student. Sporting attire for practice which isn't compulsory to wear, sporting attire for heat which won't be as fancy as the sporting wear for the real deal. Their main sport wear was set to come a week to the D-Day.

All field events had already been done including the football match. Green house won red house and blue house won yellow house. The final match was due two days to the inter house sport.

Green house was leading senior boys high jump, senior girls long jump with Elyon winning the gold for her house, senior boys discus and senior girls shot put.

Blue house was leading with Senior boys javelin, senior girls high jump, senior boys long jump, senior girls discus and senior boys shotput.

On the score board, blue house was still leading with five golds and Green house running up with four. Soon it was time for the track events and it would basically tell who the winner would be to an extent.

"Can every athlete make their way to the middle of the field. We are about to commence the track events, starting with the 200 meter junior boy race. House coaches, you have five minutes to get your athletes to the starting line." The commentator announced and every athlete picked up their gears and walked to the field.

Elyon, Jamal and Vanessa walked with the rest of their house mates to the field, carrying their spikes in hand while Vanessa was carrying a bag of water and box of glucose. Elyon unconsciously looked to the side and saw Tolani glaring at her spitefully and she rolled her eyes.

"Urghh! Give it a rest already." She muttered to herself but Jamal heard and turned to look at her.

"What is it?" He asked and she sighed.

"Tolani has been glaring daggers at me all day, it's frustrating." Elyon replied. Jamal looked over her shoulder and confirmed it.

"She's just jealous, don't let her pettiness bother you." Jamal replied, resting his hand on her shoulder.

"Jealousy is a bad thing. Before you know it, she will hate me, I'm thinking she already does and then she will be vengeful and would want me killed." Elyon rambled and Jamal laughed, pulling her to crouch down with the rest of the team.

"Now you are being extra dramatic. She won't kill you. I'll make sure of it. I promise." He said, looking into her eyes. She looked away, covering every butterfly effect she felt in her tummy with a sigh.

"I honestly hope you are right." She murmured to her self.

"200 meters junior boys, take your position." The commentators voice announced and everyone had their focus on the athletes. Elyon and Jamal watched two of the green house junior boys team on the first and last lane, the best lanes to run in.

"On your mark..." The referee called and the athletes went on their knees.

"Get set..." They took their position and stayed that way for a moment before the whistle went off and the athletes took off, raising dust with their feet. Each houses were cheering and hailing their athletes. Elyon and the rest of the athletic team were also doing that. At the end of the race, green house was first, green house was second and blue house was third. Elyon and Jamal traded high fives. Coach Adesola quickly came to them.