Chapter 4

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is June 2, 2020. I hope that everyone is safe and somewhat happy during this time. If any of you are protesting, make sure you are doing it safely. My heart goes out to you. My parents aren't allowing me to protest, not because they are racist, but because they are worried for my safety. My grandfather is actually black, so they are anything BUT racist. T-T If I could be there I would.  This is going to be a short one. If you like Marvel, Star Wars, or Timothee Chalamet, please check out my other works. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

The phone begins ringing off the hook. Y/n jolts awake, confused about where she is. She slowly realizes that she is cuddled with Steve in his house. She blushes deeply and slowly pulls herself away from Steve's grip.

Picking the phone up, she greets the person. "Hello?"

"Y/N BYERS! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

"Mom? Oh. Mom, I'm so sorry."

"DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I HAVE BEEN FOR YOU? NOT KNOWING WHERE YOU ARE?"

"Mom, I'm sorry. I'm at Steve's house. I fell asleep."

"YOU SLEPT TOGETHER? HAVE YOU COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ALL THE TERRIBLE THINGS THAT HE HAS DONE TO JONATHAN? SOME SISTER YOU ARE!"

Y/n winces. "Mom, you know that we've been close since we were little."

"SO WHY DID HE BEAT UP JONATHAN?"

"Because it was sketchy! Why was Jonathan with his girlfriend? That's weird. I'm not saying he had a right to beat him up, but Jonathan was being suspicious last year. And now Nancy and Jonathan like each other, even though Nancy is still dating Steve."

"NANCY AND JONATHAN LIKE EACH OTHER?"

"Mom."

"YOUR BROTHER HAD ANOTHER EPISODE! AND YOU WERE SLEEPING WITH STEVE HARRINGTON."

"Mom, we didn't- wait. What? Will had another episode? No, no, no, no, no. I'm coming, I swear I'm coming home." She slams the phone down and quickly begins gathering her stuff. 

Steve begins to stir. "Y/n? What's going on?"

"Will had another episode. I need to get home."

Steve bolts up. "Crap, do you need me to come with you?"

"No, but thank you. For everything." Y/n gives him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek before running out of his house and jumping on her motorcycle. With a final wave, she speeds off to her home.

Not caring about laws, she speeds in between and past cars, not knowing that the person in the blue Camero contained a wide-eyed Billy, who was shocked at the sight of the disheveled Y/n.

                                                                \--/

Y/n jumps off her motorcycle and throws her helmet down, rushing through the front door. "Will? Mom? Jonathan?"

"In here!" Joyce calls from the kitchen. Y/n runs in. 

"Will! Mom! Hi!" Y/n says, trying to act like she didn't just break multiple road laws. Will has always wanted a sense of normalacy from everyone, even though what happened was far from normal.

"Hey, Y/n!" Will greets, his mood immediately lifting with Y/n's arrival. 

"Hey, Squirt. Sorry I'm late, I got tied up with Steve."

Will scowls. "Ew."

"Why does everyone think that? NOTHING IS HAPPENING, NOR WILL ANYTHING EVER HAPPEN." Y/n rolls her eyes.

He giggles. "Okay, sure, Sis. Whatever you say, She-Devil."

"Didn't I tell you to quit it with the She-Devil nickname?"

"I actually like it," Joyce scowls. "It describes your behavior."

Y/n turns to her mother and takes her hand. "I will walk you through it with every detail, because nothing happened. We had our usual study date, listened to music, played Monopoly (I won), and I happened to fall asleep. End of story. Then you called, waking me up. Period."

Joyce's face softens a little. "At least you won Monopoly."

                                                                  \--/

"So what happened at the arcade?" Y/n asks Will over the music playing softly in her room.

Will frowns. "Well, I was w-"

"No, no, no. I mean what happened with your friends at the arcade? What games did you play? Any new high scores?" Y/n interuppts.

Will smiles at having to recall his time with the Party rather than his episode. "Oh, yeah! We ate popcorn and pizza. Mike and I split his soda. Oh, and there was a new high score on Dig Dug. Some guy named MADMAX. We have no clue who it is."

Y/n thinks about this. MADMAX? Could it maybe be Maxine, or Max, Billy's little sister. No way. "Wow. That's crazy! I wonder who it could be. Hey, I want you to know that I have a date on Friday at 8, so go ahead and plan around that. You should get some sleep, maybe it'll help you figure out who MADMAX is." Y/n plants a soft kiss on Will's forehead as he snuggles under his covers.

"And Will, you don't have to lie to me."

"What?"

"I know you had your own soda."