CHAPTER 23

Emma's POV:

We returned back to the beach house as it started raining heavily and was drying ourselves in the bedroom when we heard a knock.

"Come in" Asher said so the person would enter and we saw Lily opening the door standing at the entrance.

"Mr. King" she said and Asher nodded his head signalling her to continue to which she came inside and looking uneasy when she brought her hand forward there was an envelope there.

I looked at Asher and saw him looking at me at the same time. He went and grabbed the envelope from Lily and was about to open it when Lily interrupted him.

"Mr. and Mrs. King" she called and we looked at her. When she saw that our attention is on her she continued "I think someone is after you both. When I was clearing the table outside I saw someone taking pictures of you both I guess"

"Do you know how does the person look like?" Asher asked but she gave a negative nod.

"I couldn't see the person. At first I didn't realise there was a person in the dark but I saw a flash of a camera and when I called him he ran from there" she said looking at the ground.

"It's okay. You can leave now" Asher said and she left from there.

I went to Asher and asked him to open the envelope. Though I am dreading to see what is inside but I don't want to let it get to me as well.

Asher opened it and there was a note inside it along with me and Asher's pictures from New York.

It's good to see you back in New York again Asher. Emily must have loved seeing your home where you lived along with your brother. But the poor fellow died very young.

-KK

"Rubbish!" I heard Asher yell and I flinched by his sudden reaction.

But seeing me flinch he tried to calm down and sat on the bed. I went to sit beside him and held his hand.

When he felt my hand in his he turned to me with a blank face so I squeezed his reassuringly.

"Emma I don't know what the hell is happening. For god's sake I don't even have a brother and this person who ever he is claiming that he is dead" Ashers said frustrated.

I looked at him shocked. When I read the note I thought Asher was not comfortable enough with me to share his past but here he is claiming that he doesn't even know what the note is about.

I just didn't know what to do so I sat there beside him giving little squeezes once in a while letting him know that I am here for him.

Suddenly Asher got up and was grabbing his shoes and tie where as I sat there shocked on his sudden behaviour.

"Come on Emma. We are leaving" he said and took his things.

I just sat there seeing how he was acting in a rush and looked at the window where I could see heavy rain.

"What are you doing get up we have to go" he said now looking at me.

"Where are we going?" I gestured him.

"To my parents" he said and I looked at him confused.

"I want answers and I need them now. I want to know what the note is about" he said coming to me.

I gave him a negative nod and pointed to the window.

"We will go tomorrow" I gestured to him and added "It is late and raining"