Eleven

(Name change, instead of Theo, his name is going to be Ashton....)

🦋

🦋

"Did he have any enemies, did people want to hurt him?"

"He was part of the Live Green Agency, I assume tons of people wanted to hurt him."

"I see. I understand that you were supposed to start at the same place last night through this morning, are you going to reconsider your choice?"

"No. I intend to find out who did this to my father."

Sawyer nodded to the police officer once he was clear to go. He walked back into the hospital room where his hurt father lay, and his worried siblings sit and wait.

Sawyer said nothing as he walked in though. He just sat at the empty chair and watched as his father's heart monitor beeped with every slow breath.

"Is daddy going to be okay?"
The eldest Denver child looked up to the small face of Marlee. The others all scattered around the room, Molly was sitting closely by Miles, the two huddled with each other.

Bryce and Mason were sitting on the chairs, on their phones but every once and a while they would look over to their father, Alexander near Molly. His arm wrapped around her's as her own wrapped  up with Miles.  They all looked at their youngest sister as the words spilled out of her mouth, the small girl sat at the edge of the bed, a little children's book in her lap.

Sawyer sighed, he moved his hand, signalling her to come over to him. She did and he pulled her onto his lap.

"Of course he is. He just got a little beat up and is resting. He'll wake up soon." Sawyer tells her,  he wasn't going to promise her anything, because he didn't know himself.

Before he talked to the police, he talked to the doctor.

The doctor told him, because of the severe trauma to the head he had, that could lead to problems and it could postpone his recovery and of jeopardize it.

Though it worried Sawyer, he had faith that his father could beat this. He would survive and he would pull though. He was a fighter and a dame good one too. It was his job to fight.

🦋

The house door creeks as it slowly opens. Reviling the disaster of the house as it still hasn't been clean after it was destroyed.
Sawyer cautiously walked in, one foot in front of the other, watching out for the broken glass that lingers on the hard-wood floor.
Putting his keys on the counter, he looks around his home, a pit grew in his stomach as he thinks of what happened between his father and the intruder.

Did he know his father?

Was it a enemy?

Someone from the Agency?

Whom ever it was, Sawyer was determined to find out.

He descended up to his room. His packed bag that sat on his bed, was waiting for him to pick it off and begin the journey he was supposed to take the night before.

He squinted his eyes, something on top of the red spots bag caught his eye. It looked out of place, like someone put it there with the intention of someone else finding it with ease.

Sawyer walked over to hit, he reached out his hand and grabbed what seemed to be a container.
He pooped the red lid open and took out the note that was inside.

< It won't be long. One of you will be next. Which one of you......that's the fun part.

~Sp

Sawyer slowly put the note back in the container. His hands shook and his breaths quickened. The boy way unprepared to be dealing with threats. Usually, he had his father or mother's protection.

But now, he had neither's.

He was on his own.

On his own to protect his brothers and sisters. On his own to protect himself.
There was no one else.

At the sudden sound of a ringing, Sawyer jumped, startled. He was quick to then grab his phone out of his pocket and answer it.

"Hello?"

There were static sounds before a voice was heard.
"Sawyer?"

"This is he. Who is this?"

"I—I need help. I think I'm being followed."

Sawyer knitted his eyebrows together, the unknown voice on the other end of the call sounded so scared. It was shaky and he broke after every word. The muffled sound confused Sawyer, it sounded like the person was running; he could hear uneven breaths.

" I'm sorry. But who is this?" Sawyer asked again. This time his voice sounded more annoyed than concerned. He was worried this was some kind of prank call.

"Ashton. My name—it's Ashton."

🦋

(

Sorry it's short but I wanted to get a chapter out as soon as possible because it's long over due.
Anyway, as you can see, I changed the name to Ashton.
I did it because I honestly like that name just the bit better than Theo.

But, besides that, I hope everyone is safe and okay, please vote and comment what you think.

And if you feel like it, check out my other account, which holds a Daryl Dixon fan fiction in the works.

( thank you for reading! )