Thirteen

+++

+++

Molly Denver followed behind her brothers and sister as they walked into their quiet
home.
Molly took note at how well Sawyer managed to clean up the place after if looked so destroyed. She was glad Marley wouldn't have to see it again.

With a sigh, she placed the car keys in the glass bowl where they belonged. She brushed through her hair with her hand as she thought of what they should do now.

"Are you okay?"

Molly looked up to face her twin. He looked at her with concerning eyes. She gave him a curt nod.

"I'm fine. Are you?"

"Yeah. Marlee wants to order a pizza."

"Sure. Sounds good." Miles nodded and walked away. Molly took a deep breath and walked over into the kitchen. There, Alexander and Mason sat at the island with their phones in hand.

Molly noticed that Bryce and Marlee were in the living room. She smiled when she saw him teaching her the controls for the PlayStation controller.

"We getting a pizza?" Mason asked

"Yeah. Order two. So we'll have lunch for tomorrow. We need to be ready and out of the house by 7:45. No later. Right?" Miles said as he leant up against the sink.

The others mumbled incoherent responses and then left the kitchen to and into the living room. The tv turned on and a game started.

"I'm gonna go up and change." Molly told Miles. He nodded and watched as she walked up the stairs.

Molly softly closed the door to her bedroom and gave out a heavy sigh. She felt the stress of the situation as it weighed on her shoulders.
She and Miles were in charge. They were to care for their 4 siblings while also taking care of themselves.

She knew it was bound to happen, but that was when their father was in the picture. Now, their father lay in a hospital bed with little to no possibility of ever waking up again.

And as Sawyer works his new job, he was going to be away more often.

Molly's world was changed drastically and she didn't know if she was fit enough to handle all the pressure. They needed their parents.

—-

After a little while of gathering all her thoughts and worries, Molly halfheartedly walked over to her washroom and got undressed.
She turned on her shower and got in. The hot water showering over her body was some what refreshing, as if it was washing away all the bad energy the week has caused.

Once she was done, she wrapped a blue towel around her body and walked over to her closet and picked out her sweatpants and a hoodie that she belonged to Miles and headed downstairs.