Thirty six

Emil screamed as he woke up. Body jolting as his legs became entangled with the duvet. He tripped off of the mattress and landed heavily on the floor with a bang. Immediately, acting on instincts and adrenaline, he scrambled backwards across the floor and wedged himself under the desk. He pressed his back into the corner of the room as his heart pounded. There was a second thump as Peter scrambled to his feet, Emil's screaming having woken him.

He winced at the noise, burying his head into his knees as Peter flicked on the bedside lamp. Light flashed in the room and Emil instinctively recoiled. Peter blinked sleepily as he looked around for his boyfriend. He found him under the large desk, huddled into a ball. Peter gave a soft sad sigh and walked slowly over. He crouched to his knees before Emil, speaking soothingly and slowly.

It was not the first nightmare Emil'd had since the battle. They had lessened slightly over the course of the month. From several times a night to every few nights. Bucky and May were around to help and Peter had made a point of sleeping next to Emil during the night. Slowly, Emil was getting used to their presence. May, Bucky and Peter had all moved into the tower with Emil. May and Peter having lost their apartment over the five years. Emil had kept all their stuff and he gave them one of the empty apartments. Although Peter mostly lived in Emil's.

At the beginning he was hot and cold. Clinging to them desperately one minute, to pushing them away and shouting the next. The whole process had stressed Peter out, the two teens getting into furious arguments several times. They had ended in slammed doors and tears. The grief of loosing Tony and Nat only elevated the situation. Peter was grieving over his role model and supportive father figure. Emil was mourning both his older sister figure as well as a uncle. But despite the arguments and shouting, Peter and May had not left.

All the changes had been hard. But Peter wouldn't abandon Emil at his lowest point. The older teen had abandonment issues. They had been bad when they first met, but they were at new levels. Peter couldn't let Emil loose someone again. Emil was there for him, helping him adjust to the new society. He offered both him and May silent nonjudgmental support as they found their feet. He got Peter back in contact with Ned and was there during every panic attack.

Although Emil had changed. Often seeming different to the boy he had left on Titan. He was still the person Peter loved. Peter just had to relearn him a bit.

"Emil", he said slowly. He made sure not to touch him, which Bucky had warned about. The old soldier had more experience with trauma and ptsd. Touch could make him panic more. "Emil, it's okay. I'm here. Just raise your head babe. Look at me please". Emil shifted and two bright glowing blue eyes blinked at Peter over his knees. Peter smiled warmly and held out his hand.

"It's okay", he repeated calmingly. "It was just a nightmare. I'm here. I'm real. Come here".

Emil sobbed and it broke Peter's heart. It always hurt to see him like this. Hesitantly, Emil reaches out and pressed his hand to Peter's. Once he had realised that Peter was actually there, and that it was not a dream, he threw himself into his arms. Peter caught him easily. The taller boy curling up on his lap. He made shushing noises and ran his hand through Emil's hair as he shook. The hair style growing out from its punk style.

Once Emil's heartbeat had calmed down to a regular pace and his eyes had stopped glowing, Peter pushed himself to his feet. He carried Emil back to bed and wrapped the both of them in the duvet. Emil's limbs had relaxed slightly but he stilled buried himself as close to Peter as he could get. He rested his head on Peter's chest, listening to his heartbeat as Peter rubbed circles on his shoulder blades.

"I'm sorry for waking you", Emil muttered. "I'm such a mess".

"Don't be. It's okay. I'm always here for you Emil. I have my fair share of nightmares too, and you're always here. I'm your boyfriend, it's part of the job description".

Emil chuckled slightly. "Sometimes I wonder what I did to meet you. I have too much red in my ledger, as Nat used to say. Too much red to be blessed with you".

"No you don't. None of that red is your fault. You are amazing and heroic and strong. You have saved millions of lives. You almost died trying to bring Tony and nebula back to earth. You were frozen for four years, then upon waking up immediately went to space to save planets with Captain Marvel. You went back in time and were willing to give up your life to get the infinity stone. You volunteered to be the one to snap, at the potential cost of your own life. You then fought in a war and faced off against Thanos. You have saved so many lives Emil. It's me who is blessed with you. You are so far out of my league that I am the one wondering why a beautiful, powerful, wonderful person like you could ever look at me". Peter caught Emil's face in his hands as he spoke, raising him up so that they were eye to eye. The words jumbling out in a rush. As soon as he finished speaking, he flushed in embarrassing.

Emil regarded him with a heavy lidded look. Peter licked his lips nervously, Emil's eyes following the gesture. He lifted himself up on his elbows and connected their mouths hungrily. Peter responded eagerly, eyes closing as they kissed. Emil's hands resting on his chest as Peter graced his fingers across his jaw. He opened his mouth and Emil made a happy, pleased noise. The kiss deepened. Emil's hands pushing at Peter's tshirt as Peter's fingers tugged in his hair.

"You", Emil panted as they separated for air. He pressed a quick hard kiss to Peter's jaw.

"Are"- another kiss beneath his ear. Peter tipped his head back with a moan.

"The best"- teeth against his neck-"boyfriend ever".

A tongue against his Adam's apple. "Honestly"- Emil bit gently at the junction between Peter's neck and shoulder. Peter let his hands fall down to Emil's hips. The black haired boy now straddling him.

"I really"- Emil's turn to gasp as Peter's fingers danced against the soft skin of his stomach under his shirt. "Really fucking love you". He made a high pitched noise as Peter rolled them. Emil falling back against the mattress as Peter leaned over him.

"You are not fair", Peter panted. His hair was messy and his tshirt collar was stretched. Lips swollen and eyes dilated. Emil knew that he must be in a similar state. He could taste Peter on his tongue, body feeling too hot and itchy.

His lips curled up in a wide grin. "Assassins never play fair".

"Not a assassin", Peter corrected as he kissed the corner of Emil's lips. "A hero. My hero". Emil instantly opened his mouth to reply but it was replaced with a groan. A kiss against a sensitive spot on the scars up his neck making him shudder. Peter, who was often so awkward and gentle, smirked wickedly. Emil pulled him back up and reconnected their lips hungrily.

It was safe to say that he had successfully forgotten about the nightmare.

Unedited

This is not the worst thing I've read but it's the most smexy thing I've written.
Half of me wants to curl up in embarrassment. The other half is having a fan attack.
Gotta love supportive, wholesome boyfriends.