05

ROSE

A long day was ahead. It was Saturday, and earlier in the morning, Tobias had notified me that he wouldn't be back home until late in the evening.

From the eavesdropping I did, I heard a phone call where he had talked with a friend of his about meeting after years of not seeing each other.

I wanted to ask him if he would be drinking, in which case I would've gone to drive him from and to home. However, all I got was a sarcastic laugh thrown my way and not a single word uttered out.

"Where are you guys going?" I questioned during lunch, which I prepared myself. I wasn't a good cook, but not terrible, either.

I was fine. I made him an amazing salad, grilled chicken, which took the longest and some cookies for dessert. I spent three hours in the kitchen and it was only a reminder as to why I hated it.

"There's a local pub that's been open since we were teenagers." He explained, before continuing with his meal.

Seeing him absolutely devour the food I'd made for him made me so happy. I was cheerful and smiling and he noticed, but as always, didn't comment on it.

"So, you're drinking tonight?"

"There's non-alcoholic drinks, but I can see why you'd prefer alcoholic ones."

I ignored the dig, as my dignity and what was left of my pride never allowed me to feel embarrassed, "Yeah, but then it might be better to go to, I don't know, a coffee shop, or like a restaurant or something."

"Mind your own business."

"Damn." I muttered, "Daddy's getting angry."

I didn't have a daddy kink. It just sort of slipped past my lips and it took me a moment to realize what I said.

Slowly, I brought my eyes to meet his and what waited for me was an amused looking Tobias. His left brow was slightly raised as a playful smirk tugged at the corner of his lips.

"Is this going to be a regular occurrence?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. Depends on my mood."

"And what kind of mood is that?"

I swallowed, "Horny."

Firstly, Tobias blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. Noticing that the stern and serious expression wouldn't fade from my face any time soon, he closed his eyes for a brief moment, swallowed the food and began talking.

''I think we've already talked about this.''

''No, you did all the talking.'' He was about to interrupt me, but I was faster to finish my little rant, ''And besides, you never told me not to try anything. So, why not? I might succeed, I might not. No hard feelings.''

He checked his wrist watch and for a moment, his eyes went wide, ''This conversation is over. I have to finish some paperwork for my father and then I have to go. Can I trust you that you will behave?''

I shrugged my shoulders, ''If I feel like it.''

''Rose.'' Tobias warned. There was a threat hidden behind the way he spoke my name, and that alone made my knees weak. I was lucky that I was sitting, otherwise I would've been on the floor.

''Okay, fine.'' I put my hands up in surrender, followed by a long sigh of annoyance. I knew he didn't believe me – the look on his face was that much obvious. And he shouldn't have trusted me.

It didn't take long for him to get up from his seat and leave. Whilst he was keeping himself busy, I decided to clean a little bit in the house. I washed our dishes and put everything away and aside from that, there was nothing much I could do.