Chapter 26

New Foes

Rain gently falls onto the members of the Survey Corps as they stood on top of the wall that the fur titan had climbed over. (Y/n) watches in the distance at the open field of Wall Maria. Memories of the expedition and her mother coming back to her. Ymir is warmly wrapped in a green Survey Corps cape while she lays unconscious on a stretcher with Krista, no, Historia beside her.

Keiji had announced her organs were all scrambled and that it was a miracle she was still alive. (Y/n) didn't take the news well. Ymir's body was in that state because the freckled girl had rushed into the horde of titans. Ymir had done the same thing (Y/n) did. The (h/c) haired girl smiles, You crazy bitch.

Hanji had questioned Historia whether she really was a member of the Reiss family in which Historia had answered yes. (Y/n) wondered if Historia had anything to do with Nikolas. However, she remembered that her blonde, cute friend spent most of her time in the Cadet Corps so it was unlikely.

(Y/n) turns to face Eren who is helping Reiner up. The blonde, muscular man had a sling wrapped around his arm because he had cut his arm open. (Y/n) walks over to them, fixing her shirt. She stands beside her two friends. Armin had earlier told her that (c/n) decided to stay with Levi in Trost.

"Damn, I almost died back there," Reiner says as he brings his free hand up to his head, "This is the second time I almost die, remember when the female titan had me in her hands, Armin, (Y/n)?"

"Yes, that was a close call" (Y/n) mumbles, her (e/c) eyes becoming empty of emotion. Her body is fatigued from all the power she had used. Erwin had been right to keep her resting before she headed off to help her friends. She feels the cold droplets of water fall onto her face.

"At this rate, I might just end up dead" Reiner worriedly says, his eyes showing how afraid he feels, "Either from the titans or from the soldier's life that is pulling apart at my mind."

"It's probably because you haven't been home in a while" Eren suggest as he thinks about how Reiner and Betholdt would always speak about going back to their hometown. (Y/n) thinks back to the same time, but she tried to remember if they ever said where their hometown was. 

Bertholdt clasps his hand onto Reiner's broad shoulder, "That's right! Reiner, let's go home!"

It was weirdly cheery for Bertholdt to react like that. (Y/n) raises an eyebrow at the two, suspicion clearly apparent. Reiner doesn't let that go unnoticed so he places his free arm around her shoulder, "You should come with us, goddess, so you can meet my mom."

"I don't want to meet anyone's mom" (Y/n) grumbles at the painful memory of Eld's mother crying her eyes out. (Y/n) walks away from his arm, her mood downcast. Her friends had all noticed her change in mood. Mikasa grabs onto (Y/n)'s arm and she looks up at her black haired friend.

"Are you okay?" Mikasa asks as she stops (Y/n) from walking away from them. (Y/n) gives her a small smile.

"Yeah, just painful memories" (Y/n) mumbles as she wraps her arms around her body. She just wanted to be held in Ymir's arms. The freckled girl was so badly injured that (Y/n) wasn't sure if she would make it through.

Hanji walks over to all of them, "Listen up. We'll send Ymir back to Trost once we make sure the hole in Wall Rose is closed. Right now we need to get moving so no more titans can cross inside."

A few Garrison soldiers appear on top of the wall. One of them is a tall, blonde man who (Y/n) remembers seeing back at Shinganshina. Hanging out with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin back home had led to a few street brawls and the blonde man was always splitting up the fights.