~3~

"You have a lot of learning to do if you're gonna come back here unscathed, rather than with a broken body." The girl with the beanie, whose name I later learned was Nea, said to me.

I don't understand where I was, or how I was alive. Everything everyone said just further increased my confusion.

After over 15 minutes of introductions from around well over twenty "survivors," and after she showed me to where my own tent was, she and another girl named Meg showed me around the rest of the camp.

I was getting "The Grand Tour" as Nea apparently liked to call it.

Of course, all of that included nonstop questions from the others that I didn't exactly know how to answer, and after awhile an older man named Bill snapped at them to leave me be.

I couldn't really answer them, since I didn't exactly remember much of who I was besides how I... "died..."

Or how I was taken.

Not remembering my own name yet surprised them the most.

"You only have a week until you're out in the trials. As hellish and cruel as The Entity is, at least you get some time to settle in and let us teach you the ropes."

Meg spoke, running her hands through her long red hair awkwardly. She didn't meet my gaze as we walked, so I uncomfortably looked back at Nea.

Guess she was just awkward around new people. I let out a heavy sigh that catches Nea's attention, causing her to raise a brow and wait for me to speak.

"You've mentioned these... trials, but... what exactly are they?"

I slowly asked, which caused Nea and Meg to both just look at each other, pity for me in their eyes. Nea sighs as her eyes finally find my face, and we all stop walking.

"Look.. Dwight, he's our leader, will explain more of this to you. This is a hard and cruel life to live, but there's no way out. Might as well get use to it."

Meg looks down at her shoes, and hesitantly adds in,

"We're all trapped here. Our purpose to The Entity is to entertain it with our suffering... ours is just to escape the trials till the next, and try to learn what we can from each other. We're nothing but pawns in a game."

"Some sort of... death game?"

I shift my feet uncomfortably and just nod, too shocked to actually say anything. Nea motions in front of me and I look to see a tent, one much bigger than any of the other ones.

"This is Dwight's tent. It's better if he explains all of this shit to you."

I sigh and murmur my thanks to them as they walk off, speaking softly to each other and briefly glancing back at me. I head inside, the flap of the tent falling shut behind me and I take a quick look at my new surroundings. I see old notebooks, papers, and other items of the sort stacked up messily in one corner, and a small wooden table with strange charms laid out neatly it's surface nearby the pile. Before I could continue my examination of the area, a masculine voice clears itself.

I quickly look up to see a guy with black hair and glasses looking at me. He wears a white button-up dress shirt with a poorly tied tie. He sits at table, and motions to a wooden chair on the other side of it.

He honestly looked like a nervous wreck. Sort of like a freshman during their first day of high school.

The corners of my lips twitch upwards in the beginning of a smile and I push my judgements aside to the back of my thoughts, reminding myself that he was probably the "leader" for a good reason.