Twin Talk

Isn't he is a cutie?

''Going in unharmed, why am I so against this?'' Katherine asked sarcastically as she, Alec and Jace entered the head's office. ''It's the only way to save Clary.'' Jace pointed out.

''If Jonathan smells a rat, you're a dead man.'' Alec stated and the older twin nodded in agreement ''And you'd die faster than you could blink.'' '' So great to see your confidence in me.'' Jace sighed and looked between the couple .

''Listen, he won't OK? We're gonna have real time intel on their exact location.The second Isabelle is done with Glorious we catch them off guard, separate Jonathan and Clary and then we kill him once and for all.'' he said. Alec shared a look with Katherine who nodded before he went behind his table and pulled out a small box.

''Now remember, in order for these rings to work and remain invisible, it's imperative that you stay alert.''  Jace took one of the seelie rings while he himself wore the other ''Why do you think I'm going to fall asleep?'' Jace joked.

Katherine tsked ''Oh I fear that.'' Alec chuckled and the younger twin gave the older one a mock wounded expression and received a wink in return. Alec's phone beeped and he looked at it before looking back up ''It's Izzy she needs help.''

''Go then.'' Katherine said and he pressed a quick kiss to her lips and patted Jace's arm before leaving the office .

 ''What?'' she frowned at the look her twin was giving her ''I don't know.'' Jace folded his arms across his chest ''You tell me..'' ''Tell you what, Jace?'' Katherine gave him a confused look and he sighed  ''I saw the look of pain on your face when you entered the Institute..what happened?''

Her breath hitched in her throat and the familiar sting of tears came ''Nothing.''

''Nothing?'' Jace scoffed lightly and pointed at her eyes which had filled up with tears ''That doesn't look like nothing..Kate who are you lying to? I am your twin and I don't need some bond to know that you are hurting.''

Katherine looked into the eyes that were identical to her own ''I cut off all ties with Magnus.'' her voice cracked at the end and Jace wrapped his arms around his twin ''So that's why he's not here.'' he stated ''But why? Why did you-''

''You're gonna be late.'' she pulled away and wiped away her tears. Jace looked like he was in a dilemma but in the end he simply placed a brotherly kiss on her forehead and gave her a last worried look before leaving the office.

~*~*~*~*~*~

 Luke, Katherine and Alec were around a table and the latter was talking to Jace telepathically while Katherine played with her hands in nervousness. Alec talked to Jace for a few moments  and Luke had pipped in between when he had said something about the Bone Chandelier.

''I should probably see how far Izzy has done.'' Luke said and Katherine nodded before he walked away.

Alec sighed and she placed her hand on top of his and he interlaced their hands as ''Alec, what is it?'' ''Those three have a plan of kidnapping the seelie queen.'' he said and Katherine gasped in shock  ''You gotta be kidding me.''

 And despite the chaos around them, Alec's eyes lightened up with love and he grinned at her, ''That's what I said as well.'' Katherine chuckled and pecked his lips ''Come one.'' he grabbed her hand, a smile still on his lips  ''Let's see how much Izzy has done with Glorious.''

The couple made their way to the armory where the sound of something sizzling greeted their ears and Katherine saw Izzy pouring the serum in a container before she poured the content into a cement that had a formation of a sword carved into it.