2: The Nurse

Note: I was desperate to post so I just finished this one. As it's midnight in Britain, I apologise if their are any mistakes due to my tiredness. I did proof read, but like I said, I am quite tired. My motivation to post however kept me going, so I hope it's alright and that you enjoy!

Quirk: Healing Hands

 I wanted to be a hero, but not the fighting villains type, I wanted to become a nurse. I wanted to care for people and heal people, and my enthusiasm for the job got me an internship at the local city hospital. For the past few months I had been working with the patients that had to live in the hospital due to unstable minds. One patient I was caring for however didn't seem mentally unstable at all, in fact it was quite the opposite. She was kind, calm, loving and always a delight to talk to. I enjoyed the days I would get to care for Rei Todoroki.

It was late afternoon when my shift started. I said goodbye to Kurahashi who was on duty before me, and she handed me a clipboard with all of Rei's information on for that day: what she ate, if she had been outside etc. One thing that caught my eye however was that the visitors box was ticked. Underneath it was written the name Shoto Todoroki. Rei never had visitors, apart from when she was first put under care here at the hospital and apparently had her daughter Fuyumi visit. I was told that family problems then prevented her daughter from coming.

"Knock knock!" I called through the door, as well as actually knocking.

"Come in," her soft voice said on the other side of the door.

"Hello Rei! How have you been?" I asked as I entered her room.

"I've been well today thank you, how have you been? How was school?" She asked. This was one of the many reasons I loved her, she was always so polite and showed a constant interest in those who looked after her.

"It was great thanks! So it looks like your son came to visit you," I observed and she nodded.

"Indeed. He's so grown up now," she mumbled, looking over to a family picture she had on her desk. It was one of the only decorative things she had in her room. She picked it up and ghosted her hands over the image of her family, particularly over the little boy with half red and half white hair. "I missed him."

"I understand Rei," I said softly, sitting beside her. She talked about Shoto with much love, and she watched the UA Sports Festival with great interest. She carried on talking about her son, telling me what he had told her about how he was getting on at UA, and how he had been since he had last seen her, when he was five. Her happiness radiated onto me as she smiled brightly. "I haven't seen you like this in a while, Rei," I pointed out, coming back into her room with a tray full of food for her.

"Sorry, I've been rambling on for a while haven't I," she laughed lightly.

"No, don't apologise! I love hearing you like this," I smiled.

"You're such a sweet girl, (y/n)," Rei said making me blush. Before long my shift was over, and I waved goodbye to Rei as I signed out and headed home. I was so glad she was happy, and I hoped that happiness would stay. She definitely deserves to be happy after her awful marriage.

- Timeskip -

It had been a fortnight since Shoto Todoroki's first visit, and according to Rei's information clipboard, he had visited every day since. I really wanted to meet her son, however our paths never seemed to cross. His visits never seemed to coincide with my shifts, which annoyed me slightly. That was until today.

I was walking down the corridor heading towards Rei's room in order to do some checks on her, when suddenly her door opened and out stepped an unbelievably handsome boy. "Bye mum, see you tomorrow," his deep voice sounded. I realised I had stopped walking and was just staring at him. He noticed me just as he was about to shut the door, and I internally screamed at myself to stop staring. "Are you (y/n)?" He asked.