12

Nightmare just stared at the girl in confusion. "What do mean why?"

"Its a general question, Nightmare." Y/n stated.

"Could you atleast be more specific?"  He asked.

"Whats the fun in that?" Y/n said before sighing. "Fine maybe I'll be more specific."

Nightmare was waiting her response as he observed the stars for a few seconds.

"There's so much to say. Why did you come? Why did you do what you did back then? Why-" Nightmare interrupted Y/n before she asked another question."Let's take this one question at a time Y/n. "

"Sorry. It's just that I want answers Nighty." Y/n admitted slipping the nick name on accident.

Trying his best to ignore the name Nightmare spoke aloud, " now go ahead and ask a question."

"Okay. Okay. Let me think of one." She thought for a moment. "Um. First of all Why did you come to my cell? Were you worried?"

"Thats more than one question Y/n." Nightmare commented. " But i'll answer it anyway.

Nightmare thought about the question 'Shit. Why did I go down there anyway.'

"Nightmare?" Y/n said full of concern.

"I went there to make sure Error wasn't lying. " Nightmare answered quickly.

Y/n raised a brow.
"Are you sure there isn't another reason? " Y/n pushed the question.

"No not at all."  nightmare digressed.

"If you say so. " Y/n chuckled.

Y/n was only able to ask three other questions as a crash was heard in the distance. She saw visible annoyance on his face.

"I think we have to cut this short. I have some idiots to yell at." Nightmare snarked.

"Does that mean I have to go back in the cell?" Y/n asked hoping not to go back there. "You know its very uncomfortable there. Not to mention the constant drips of water."

Nightmare kept walking as Y/n tried her best to convice him to let her stay.

"Please, Nighty. There is nothing to do there. Not to mention the food sucks." Y/n complained.

"Its gonna take a lot more than complaining than that. Especially when i have to deal with the STUPID IDIOTS WHO BREAK MY VALUBLE ITEMS EVERY DAMN DAY." Nightmare called out into the castle.

All the skeletons who fought against the star sanses appeared in sight. Error seemed to pay no attention to the fuming Nightmare. Dust, Horror, and Killer all showed a bit of fear.

Nightmare stared them down with a deathly glare.

Y/n gasped getting everyones attention.
"Sorry about that its just. Maybe I can help. Y'know with all the disorder here." She said unsurely.

The other bad sanses give Nightmare a look wanting him to accept it. Nightmare gave them a disaproving look before speaking . "No. They can clean up their own mess. "

Y/n's face fell at the thought of her failed attempt. And with this emotion a feeling of blankness and numbess settled.

All the skeletons were visibly uncomfortable.  Nightmare saw this at smiled a devilish smile.

"This could come in handy" he whispered to himself.

The aura was staring to get to all the unsuspecting skeletons. Dust and killer seemed to be the most affected as they looked like if they were preparing to do a murder spree just to feel something.

"Make it stop. I don't like this feeling." Dust cried out.

Nightmare snapped out of his thoughts and rushed to make a decision."Y/n. I have changed my mind".

"Really." Y/n questioned her aura turning less powerful.

"Yes. And you don't need to do anything at all. " Nightmare elaborated.

"I don't have to go back there?" She continued in disbelief.

"I already said yes."Nightmare grumbled.

"Thank you so much Nighty! I don't know what to say." Y/n gushed aloud before contemplating her next decision.

The pure rawness of it seemed to catch everyone off guard. 

-
"Nighty?" A younger Y/n asked.

Nightmare sniffed and tried to hold back his tears. He didn't want Y/n to see him like this.

Y/n gasped and went to nightmare's side.

"Oh Nightmare. Why didn't you tell me this was happening?" Y/n consoled making Nightmare face her.

"I- i didn't want you to worry... " Nightmare answered quietly.

A look of concern and sadness was visible.
"Nightmare, please tell me when things like this happen. I don't know what'll I do if I see you hurting like this." Y/n begged.

"Oh stars. I messed up didn't I." Nightmare choked as a he sobbed.

"No Nighty. You didn't. You just wanted things to be okay. It's fine." Y/n said before giving him a hug.

Everything felt alright. Everything was going to be okay. Nightmare thought before returning the hug.
-

Nightmare looked like as if he was in a trance. Y/n felt a bit uncomfortable after he didn't respond after a few minutes.

"Man...you really broke him" Error snorted. "That's hilarious."

"Is he okay?"Y/n asked getting shrugs in response. "Well that isn't a solid answer."

"What if i just.." Dust said as he continuously poked Nightmare for a few seconds. This resulted in a scream of agony as one of Nightmare's tentacles almost crushed him to death.

"Boss. Could you let him go? He was just trying to get you to snap out of whatever you were experiencing. "  Killer explained.

Nightmare sighed letting go of dust. Dust let out a groan as he hit the ground.

"Woah. Are you okay dusty?" Horror asked Dust.

He gave a painful and slow thumbs up.

"Well that's one less thing we have to worry about." Killer blankly stated.

Error was wheezing and the occasional sound of laughter was still heard.
"Thank you so much Nighty! I don't know what to say." Error mocked.

Nightmare gave him a death glare.

"Kill me if you want. I can easily kill you aswell. You know that Nightmare." Error responded.

Nightmare looked as if he was ready to send Error into obilivion.

"How does the idea of not killing eachother sound." Y/n spoke up not wanting either of them to get hurt.

"But it was so funny."  Error spoke. "The way he froze up after that hug was the cherry on top."

"You really do have a deathwish don't you." Nightmare spat.

"No. I am the deathwish." Error said in return.

"How does that even begin to make sense?" Horror asked quietly before being shut up by Killer.