𝐀 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 - 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Life was never the same again. With a constant threat hanging in the air, you swallowed the truth and spewed out lies, sensing him stare at you unceasingly, daring you to speak up, to defy him.

In the end, you ended up marrying the one man you wished to avoid in this lifetime. Having no other choice, you accepted your fate with a sad heart and a broken spirit, resembling more a doll than a human.

"Papa, how did you and mama meet?"

Large, violet eyes brimming with curiosity stared at the blond man who sat by your side, a book in his hands.

Closing the book softly, Orien shifted in his position, a smile etched on his face as he glanced at you before looking back at your six-year-old son, his eyes looking distant as if remembering something wonderful.

"I first saw her at this party...", the blond recounted, weaving a tale of fated romance and drama, mixing half-lies and half-truths, his smile growing larger with each word.

"Be persistent in life, son. Your mother was such a stubborn little thing, yet, here we are!"

Your little boy looked up at your husband, teeming with respect and admiration for the man.

You could only sigh as you looked at the impressionable boy and at the little bundle in your arms, hoping against hope that they wouldn't turn out like their father. They were your only joy left in life.