Duet

C H A P T E R 5 CHAEREYONG'S POV

C H A P T E R 5
CHAEREYONG'S POV

"Okay, girl, You're weird," I heard Ryujin say.

I am here in front of the Music rooms' closed door, peeping through the small glass of the door to see what's happening inside the room.

I slowly opened the door to hear the piano.

Ryujin and I were walking in the hallway when I heard the piano playing in the music room.

I told Ryujin that I want to listen for a sec, but here I am standing in front of the door for almost three minutes.

A male student is playing it.

"Ugh. If you're wondering who that boy is, that's Kang Taehyun. He's a year younger than us. He's a friend of that jerk Beomgyu," Ryujin said.

Oh, so he's younger than me, a bummer. I don't really like boys who are younger than me, but hey, age doesn't matter—wait, what am I saying. I'm just captivated by his amazing talent for playing the piano. That's all.

I immediately hid when the boy looked at me–I mean the door. He might see me, and that'll be embarrassing.

Then the school bell rang.

"Girl come on, we'll be late for class," Ryujin said and pulled me away from there.

After class, I decided to go to the music room and play the piano. Hearing the sound of the piano a while ago makes me miss playing it.

Thirty minutes after dismissal, the school guards will be doing rounds to check if all of the students have left the campus. Before that, I still have enough time to play.

I went inside the music room and played A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes from Cinderella. I also sang the lyrics.

After playing that, I heard someone slow clapping from the door. I checked to see who it was, and it was the boy that I saw here during break time.

"Woah," He said.

"Oh, are you going to use the music room?" I asked politely.

"Actually... yes," He said and walked towards me—I mean towards the piano.

I stood up, and he sat on the chair.

"Uhm... noona?" Elder sister. He said.

I can't believe I was just called noona.

"Yes?"

"Can you sing the female's part here?" He asked and handed me a paper.

Notes and lyrics of the song titled "You Are The Music In Me" from Highschool Musical 2, were printed on it.

I looked at Taehyun and looked at the paper. I don't usually sing in front of people I don't know, but he asked for it.

"Sure," I said and smiled.

(AN: okay sorry to interrupt hehe, but you can play You Are The Music In Me while reading this ^-^ okay bye)

"You are the music in me

You know the words once upon a time."

I looked at him, and I felt my heart skipped a beat when I saw that he was also looking at me.

"Make you listen there's a reason

When you dream, there's a chance you'll find

A little laugher, or happy ever after."

Then it was time for the duet part.

"You're a harmony to the melody"

I didn't get to sing the next line, mesmerized by his singing voice. Then I came back to my senses

He smiled. I don't know what came to me, but I started dancing around the music room.

"When I hear my favorite song

I know that we belong

Oh, you are the music in me

Yeah, it's living in all of us

And it's brought us here because

Because you are the music in me."

I started clapping and saw that he was smiling brightly.

Then we stopped singing, and he stopped playing the piano. We were both smiling at each other, and I was catching my breath.

After that, we left the music room. Just in time before the school guards do the rounds.

While walking, I was looking up to this boy. He's doesn't look like he's a year younger, at least when I'm with him. I look like I'm younger than him. Without my uniform indicating that I'm a senior, people would probably tell that he's older than me because of his height.

"What are you lovebirds doing here? Thirty-three minutes have already passed, and you two are still here?" One of the school guards asked.

Lovebirds?

Taehyun looked at me and gave me a grimacing smile with his eyebrows furrowed. He's annoyed with the school guards.

I chuckled and faced the school guard.

"Uhm...we just practiced for our performance tomorrow" I made an alibi.

"Performance? A 12th grader and an 11th grader in one performance?" The school guard asked, raising an eyebrow at us.

"For our street music competition," I immediately answered.

"You know Sir it's getting late, we have to go back to our homes," I said and pulled Taehyun while walking in a rush to get out of the campus.

When we were outside, both of us laughed. I hugged my stomach because it was aching due to too much laughter.

I stopped and sighed heavily with a smile.

"I'll go this way," I said and pointed in the direction I'm going.

"I'm this way," He said and pointed in the opposite direction that I'll be taking.

"Oh okay. It was nice meeting you" I said with a smile and bowed.

"Noona," He said.

"Yes?"

"Your name's Chaeryeong right? Lee Chaeryeong?" He asked.

I looked at my nameplate and nodded. He saw it.

"Yep. That's my name" I said and chuckled awkwardly. Why am I like this?

"Chaeryeong noona," He said in a very cute way.

"Oh puh-lease stop calling me noona. Just Chaeryeong" I said.

He nodded and said, "Just Chaeryeong then"

I nodded.

"Goodbye. Kang—Taehyun?" I acted like I didn't know his name, and read his nameplate.

He nodded and waved goodbye to me.

I turned around to walk towards my house, but after a few steps, I heard him calling me.

"See you in school tomorrow Chaeryeong!" He shouted, and waved goodbye.

I laughed and did the same.