𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*( chapter 8! )*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

eight | We capture a flag

third-person pov

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

      OVER THE COURSE OF THE DAYS, Helen could see Percy getting more comfortable in camp. He didn't seem as awkward as he did when he first came.

      In the mornings, they would have Ancient Greek lessons with Annabeth. Helen really tried not to wince every time Annabeth glared at her when she got something wrong. Well, excuse me for not being a book worm, she thought.

      And after lunch, they would rotate around the other activities. Helen would accompany him since her cabin spent most of their time gossiping or looking at their reflection in the water. But, the thing was, Percy was good at nothing.

      Archery? Michael was literally begging Percy to never grab a bow and arrow again, and Chiron had to desnag a stay arrow out of his tail.

      Foot race? Sure, the nymphs had centuries of practice, but even Helen could somewhat keep up with them.

      Wrestling? Every time Percy stepped onto the arena, Clarisse was waiting, ready to pulverize him.

      The only thing he excelled in was canoeing, and you had to admit, it wasn't a very useful talent. Percy and Helen sat in a canoe, thinking of another activity he could try.

      "We could try the climbing wall next?" she offered, trying to cheer him up, but she knew it didn't work much.

      "I know what they're thinking. I know they're trying to figure out who my dad is." Percy said out of nowhere,  startling Helen a bit.

      "Who?" she asked dumbly, sincerely not knowing what he was talking about.

      "You know, the counselors. They want to see if I'm good at anything."

      "Well yeah, Percy, we want to know who your dad is, see if you're good at something trademark of his. You're obviously not a son of Apollo, and you don't seem very Ares-like. Maybe Dionysus?" she asked teasingly, to which she received a playful glare.

      "Don't even say it. Plus, he would have already claimed me, right?"

      Helen shrugged. You never know with the gods. Percy hesitated before asking, "When were you claimed?"

      She thought for a moment, "Five or six months after arriving."

      "Will I have to wait as much?" Percy sighed exasperatedly, looking at the water, his hand making little figures and shapes on the surface.