Chapter 13

"Umm.... Sean?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever been interviewed?"

Sean, who wasn't really paying any attention before, now looked up from his laptop.

"What? Why?"

"J-just curious." Kaycee broke their eye contact. Suddenly asking Sean didn't seem like a good idea.

"Uhh.. yeah I have been a couple times."

Kaycee looked up again. Sean's face was crunched in thought. To be honest, she wasn't really expecting him to answer her.

"So...." She dragged her tone, "What do they ask?"

Sean squinted at her. "Why are you asking this?"

"N-No reason."

"I dunno. They can ask anything."

Kaycee didn't answer Sean. Because his reply made her even more confused.

And being a talented indecisive person didn't help either.

Both of them were sitting on the couch in their living room. The house was fairly empty today since Serris and Sarah had gone out to catch up with some old friends while Miya was at a friend's house.

So, Sean and Kaycee were alone in the house. Well except for Cheuk, who was fast asleep right now. Kaycee had checked on him.

Finally, after a lot of thinking, she decided that Sean was probably the best person to consult. So hiding it from him, didn't sound intelligent.

"Somneaskmdfornintrview."

Kaycee closed her eyes in frustration, mentally facepalming.

Amazing.

"Was that english?"

"Was supposed to be. Came out in an alien language." Kaycee said, her eyes still closed. Her hands were now massaging her temples, as she was now debating whether God was sending her a sign as to not tell Sean.

"So what did you say? This time in english please."

Screw it.

"At the party, someone asked me for an interview. I told her that I'll think about it and she gave me her number. What do I do?"

Silence.

Sean snapped his laptop shut. He sat up straight and stared at Kaycee. Kaycee squirmed uncomfortably under Sean's stare. Not because she felt exposed but because he seemed to be staring beyond her. Through her.

A whole minute passed. Kaycee was now considering the possibility that his brain had stopped working.

"Uhh...Sean?"

Sean's eyes squinted.

"Sean? Can you hear me? Can you sense Me? Can you touch-"

Sean jerked in his seat when he felt Kaycee's warm palm connect with his shoulder.

"Oh... you're alive."

"I was thinking, geez."

"And did you-"

"Accept the offer."

"-come....... What?"

"Accept it. We do need people to know that we're married. That was the whole point. Our clients need to know we're married, so both our companies can benefit from the extra customers."

Kaycee's mood dropped faster than an asteroid. She just hummed and sunk back further into the couch, looking away from Sean. But Sean being Sean, couldn't understand the sudden mood swing.