04

CHAPTER FOUR: LONG NIGHT

Where did I go wrong? Did I say something stupid? Or did he just leave because he was busy? Probably the former....
Jimin thought while sitting in the car with Taehyung as both of them drove together to the grocery story to buy essential supplies.

He had been so happy the he had got to see Jungkook again – after a whole week, and he even asked Jimin out, but then Tae called him and when Jimin returned, there was no sign of Jungkook. He doesn't even have Jungkook's number, he can't even call and ask him. Jimin was internally screaming at Tae for having the shittiest timing ever.

"You have the list right?" Tae asked, pulling in the parking lot which was filled with cars, meaning it was rush hour at the market today.

"Yep. You go get refrigerated items first and I'll get the snacks," Jimin ordered Tae and he obeyed like a child.

They got out of the car and walked towards the market, taking two trolleys on the way. Both of them parted at the entrance, and looked around for the respective items. The Air conditioner was on full blast causing Jimin to shiver.

As Jimin walked around a few aisles, he gathered all the stuff. Just to recheck, he placed his trolley on the side and fished out the list from his back pocket and went through it over again. He smiled contently to himself. They had got everything. When he looked up, he realised that his trolley had slid to some distance and had crashed into someone causing him to suddenly fall down.

Jimin's eyes widened in panic and he immediately rushed to their side. God Jimin?! Can you stop being so stupid and childish?! You're hurting others now!

"I'm sorry sir, I'm so sorry! It's my fault I didn't hold the trolley properly! I'm so dumb! Please sir are you ok— wait, Jungkook?"

Jimin was flabbergasted. He never thought he'd run into Jungkook, let alone crash his trolley into him. He was even more embarrassed now, since the man in front of him was Jeon Jungkook, his crush. Yep, he totally had the the hots for this handsome stranger. Yet, he always messes up. Why can't they ever meet like normal people? Why does it have to be so awkward?

"Jimin. Hi. It's okay, I'm fine. Nice to see you here." Jungkook said, unable to form another sentence in his mind.

"About last time... ugh... in the flower shop. Why did you leave without finishing what you wanted to say, Jungkook?" Jimin asked, his non-existent guts appearing somehow.

A look of guilt flashed in Jungkook's eyes as he realised he might've come off as rude last time. But Jungkook thought that Jimin was avoiding him by talking on a phone call. He had been stupid to not even ask Jimin whether he was single or taken. A beautiful creature like him had to be taken - right?

"I'm sorry Jimin. I had some urgent work to do." Jungkook replied.

A minute of awkward silence passed between them and both of them didn't know how to start the conversation again. They both had so many words to say, but were to scared to speak. The tension between could be felt from miles away.

"Ah! There you are babe! I was wondering where you went off to. Anyways, I got us this weird new drink called Lemona. It's new. I thought maybe we could try it." Taehyung said with his body grin, appearing behind Jimin. He kept the drinks in Jimin's trolley while brushing his hand against his.

Jungkook almost froze at the spot. His biggest fear has come true — Jimin was taken. That too by a good looking guy. Jungkook couldn't say that the other was more handsome than him, but he definitely looked like a charmer.

Meanwhile, Jimin almost cursed at Tae. Why the heck was Tae calling him babe in a grocery story. This was supposed to be their at home pet name, Jungkook will totally get the wrong idea. And the fact that they are doing grocery shopping together is just going to make it worse.