Ch37 - "A Drunken Master...Just Kidding!"

Updated! Enjoy...

*****************************
Hawk's Inn

After Hiiragi left, Sylvie was having fun with Sarah and Olivia, talking about various things which interest her. Since Sylvie did not have any friends of her age before, she felt joyful to have both of them as her friends.

Bartos, a silent person as he was, could not deny that he also felt quite happy to mingle with others this night. He became closer to the people who lived in the city where he had his shop. Thanks to that, he thought that he should go out of his house and workshop more to know more about this city.

Roana who had been staying in the kitchen because of embarrassment, came out after successfully regaining her composure. Although there was still a tinge of pink on her face, she could work normally like she always did. The shy demeanor of her made the guests feel warm as they watched her doing her work.

After a few couples of minutes, Hiiragi entered the inn with a group of children and a nun who was rather anxious upon entering the inn. Despite the children's and the nun's anxiety, Hiiragi still had his cheerful and mischievous grin on his face. He spoke to the group with enthusiasm in his voice.

"Hey, children. Tonight, we shall feast! Order whatever you want! Don't worry about the price, I'll be paying. Just enjoy this moment!"

The children were on cloud nine when they heard this. They had completely forgotten about their previous anxiety and very joyful to be able to eat what they wanted. All of them thanked Hiiragi and ordered their meals at Roana.

"I want to eat meat!"

"Can I have chicken?"

"Meat please!"

And so on until Roana couldn't remember, so she simply asked if she could just make one big set of meals for the whole group. Basically, it was just like a family set for dinner. Since the children were not picky, they simply accepted because they were happy as long as they could eat delicious food.

Alice still kept her anxious face while glancing at Hiiragi and the door repeatedly as if she was expecting something to come in while they were celebrating.

Suddenly, just as Roana was about to put the meals on the table, a rough voice was shouting angrily as a big and bad looking man came through the door while looking around.

"You little brat, where are you!? Come out or I'll make sure you'll never live to see tomorrow!"

The man was glaring around while brandishing his big sword menacingly.

Seeing the man's furious attitude, all the customers were worried and restless. Just right when they were having fun, the man suddenly broke the good atmosphere.

As if she could somehow predict that it had something to do with Hiiragi, Sylvie asked him with a worried face.

"Hiiragi, what did you do on the way here?"

Hiiragi still had his stupid grin when he heard Sylvie's question. Despite the serious scene, he answered Sylvie while laughing.

"I didn't do anything, you know~. If anything, he is the one who has been following us since day one. I just surprised him and talked to him."

Sylvie was shocked. There was someone following them? This was the first time she heard this. She did not notice him at all. Why did he followed them? Most importantly, how did Hiiragi notice him and why did he not tell her about this?

However, nevermind that. What made the man so angry?

"Why is he so angry?"

"Hmm? I don't know. When I surprise him, he asked me how did I notice him since apparently he said he was the strongest assassin who had the greatest stealth skill? Well, I just said that he was simply too conspicuous. I also asked if he really had a stealth skill since it was too easy to see him. Then, we arrived at this scene! Ah, I forgot. He tried to chase us but I froze  his feet. I didn't know that it couldn't hold for too long~"