Volume 1 Part 2

When she washed her hair herself, the super glossiness had been totally ruined, so the maids had to take care of it. After plenty of massaging, & putting on hair mask, face mask, light make up, she was finally ready. Then, her hair was fixed into a nice ponytail that complimented her pretty looks, she wore the blue dress, & short heels with it.

As Katagani Kikyo, she had black hair not this glossy, brown eyes, not this pretty, & was the most basic Japanese woman, but now, she was transmigrated into a westerner kid's body. Well, she wasn't particularly sad, or anything, it wasn't hard to take it all in, though it was confusing. Very confusing, to the point she was dizzy. Too many questions circled in her head, so to rest her mind she just put it all back; let's not think anything at all.

'Young miss, you're ready,' the maid said, as she put a golden belt around her waist, & that was so the golden rose hair ornament could match with the dress. Turns out, the dress was also longer than she thought it would be; it reached just over her ankle. She had to applaud the maids for the master piece standing before the mirror. Even though she was only a kid about twelve or so, she still looked very pretty. It was obvious that when she grows older, she'd be very beautiful, although she felt remorseful that a twelve year old westerner was prettier than her...

'Madame is waiting for you down at the first floor, miss,' the maid said, & led her out of the room. At first, she thought the room was big, but now as she saw the long corridor, & stairs, she understood that the house was generally big. As Kikyo, she never even thought of such luxury; her foster parents, dead. Her step-brother, left, & the grandmother, blamed her to be the only survivor from the car accident. College was already stressful enough as it is, & she had started to get bad grades due to stress. A wish, she had wished to escape all of it; just to be born rich, & not work her ass off in part time jobs, not to be scolded by the grandmother, & not cry herself to sleep every night, if only she had time to sleep. So, it was granted! God actually f*cking exists!

After clambering down the stairs, she only had to go straight until she reached the... the door opened, & she saw a large table with all kind of western food on it. Sure, that made her curious, but she just liked her usual meal.

Sitting before the table, were people who seemed to be the girl's family; a middle aged woman in nice dress, with the same glossy black hair as her, though her eyes were honey brown. A good looking man, with blonde hair, & blue eyes. Then two boys, one older than her. He was a handsome youth of honey brown eyes, & blonde hair, approximately 15, or 17 years old. Then the other boy was an adorable child, with blue eyes, & blonde hair, maybe three, or two years old. They all had worn formal clothes; while the man looked fitting in suit, like a businessman, the older boy looked handsome with his hair gelled back as if to imitate his father, the youngest one looked too adorable, though she wouldn't say, she loved babies. Kids were annoying, & frustrating, but she immediately liked the youngest boy, because... they all had indifferent look in their eyes when they saw her. None of the gazes indicated towards her were what should be for like a family, except the boy; even as he clumsily sat on the chair, looking back awkwardly, he had smiled at her as if she was his savior.

'What are you standing there for?' the middle aged man asked, as he looked down at his food; 'Sit down.'

'Ah, right,' she snapped out of daze, & looked for a seat; where do I sit? The father was at the head of the table, the mother was next to him & the brother sat at the other side, while the youngest...

It was an easy decision to make, she chose to sit next to the youngest boy. The boy smiled like he had already anticipated such thing, but she... looking at the forks, & spoons before her, it was too dizzying; wow, westerners must have some kind of extra brain to make dining table so complicated. Whoever made all these fork, & spoon types, I applaud them. Your creativity is on a whole new level.

'Wena,' the boy called while she stared intently at the soup before her.

'Wena,' her arm was shake softly, started she turned to the boy; 'Wena, can you swoon the souw for me?' the boy asked her, & she stared at him blankly, unable to understand quite a few of the things he was saying, but as the boy stared at her with big eyes, she suddenly realized.

'Ah, y-yes. Wena, that's my name, ha-ha,' an awkward laugh escaped her mouth, & she scooped the soup with the spoon the boy was holding, while looking around. Everyone was focusing on their own meal; the boy, isn't anyone going to help him eat? Their strange indifferent looks made her wonder if they really were a family, like a bunch of strangers had been pushed into one household.

Kikyo watched them carefully as she ate her breakfast as well, watched what spoon, fork they were using to eat which part of the meal. All while feeding the youngest boy, that is. It was easy since all the other members of the family only focused on their meal, as if they were all alone. It felt pretty pathetic; for her, who didn't have anyone to eat with her, & these people, who don't even appreciate what they have. That's what she thought, but she was too scared to start a conversation. Just in case she slips out something that would make her seem suspicious.

After they finished the meal, the man suddenly opened his mouth; 'The spring festival starts at 3 pm. I have a job to do, so I'm going out early.'

'I understand,' the woman said; their speeches were all too formal, indeed. The man stood up from the table, & she jolted up at the same time. Which was probably the wrong thing to do, because they all stared at her with wide eyes. Even the youngest brother. The silence was awkward, & she felt like she should say something.

Kikyo exhaled to calm herself; I mean, they are a family. Nothing wrong with saying this, right? Of course, I can't just leave the others with this awkwardness. After steeling herself, she murmured; 'Have a good day, father,' to herself. That only made them watch her more intensely, & after a few moments, she looked up at the man with determination; 'Have a good day, father.'

The man looked absolutely stunned. When she looked around, the mother, brother, even the youngest was staring at her as if she had lost her mind; the heat rose in her cheeks.

'W-well, then goodbye.'

'Oh, yes,' the man replied awkwardly, & left the dining room in wonder. Kikyo also wished she could leave the room, but she sat back down before she could make a resolution. The awkward atmosphere continued, at least until she left the room quietly.

 A/N; You know what else makes the atmosphere really awkward? Natural gas... ok, this is a really bad joke. Sorry if you cringed.