Chapter 13 - The Awakening

Reiji's POV
I went to collect the tea tray on the kitchen table until I felt a strong force pull me back then push me until my back hit the ground. It didn't hurt as much, but as soon as I looked up, Mira was hovering above me. She was able to pin my wrists to the sides of my head with such strength I didn't know she had. That's not all, because my eyes looked at hers to see they have changed. They're not red anymore. Her hair has also changed. Her eyes were gold with cat-like pupils and her hair kept their silver colour, but the cherry blossom pink gradients of her hair darkened to a dark purple-brown. Her skin had became more paler than normal.
(A/N: Simply a female version of Carla.)
What mostly caught me off-guard was that her canine teeth elongated to long sharp fangs. She's not human anymore. She's a vampire. If she's a vampire, then how come when I sensed her, she gave off a human presence? Did she know that she's a vampire before she came to live here? There's clearly a backstory to her that I don't know about. Not her past as a Komori, but her other one. And if I'm also correct, someone else would know about her past as well. The question is who.

I tried to get out of Mira's hold on me, but her strength is remarkably high and I could only lift my wrists about a centimetre off the ground. Her head moved closer and closer to my neck, close enough that I can smell her blood. She was thirsty. The scent of her blood changed and it was more intoxicating and aromatic than before. Her scent also made me feel quite drowsy and tingly on the inside, like a drug. As Mira inched close to my neck, she licked a line, found a vein, then plunged her fangs deep into my neck. This was the first time I got bit and for some reason, it felt good. She bit me softly then lifted my upper body off the ground.

As if my hands had a mind of their own, they landed on Mira's upper arms, squeezing them

As if my hands had a mind of their own, they landed on Mira's upper arms, squeezing them. My mind started to feel foggy and my eyes started to feel heavy that I almost closed them. She drank as much as she wanted, then she pulled away from my neck, licking off the excess blood dripping from the corners of her lips and looked me in the eyes. She gave me a warm smile and without warning, kissed me on the cheek. I was shocked at the gesture since I was never given such attention in my whole life. I was always cast aside because of my mother. It was always about Shu since he's the eldest.

My body felt a bit weak and getting up was going to be a pain, because I was drained of blood. As if Mira sensed my struggle, she held onto me and teleported us to my room. She then propped a pillow upright so I could lean on it and laid me down on the bed. Before she left, or more like teleported, I failed to notice a faint look of sadness in her eyes.

3rd Person's POV
Mira, now in her vampire form, returned to her bedroom. She faced the body mirror, taken by surprise at her appearance. She changed. She thought that's the only thing that changed, until she began to remember some things. New memories in fact.

Meanwhile in an abandoned room...

Richter's POV
It's almost time for the awakening. Not long until Cordelia takes hold of the sacrificial bride. I felt a change in aura and presence. Mira, I thought. Only then I knew that she's turned back to her original vampire self. I stared at Cordelia's torn dress in front of me, remnants of her blood on it from when I stabbed her in the chest and pulled her heart out.